Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    weeskatr109            09-03-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
HELP!! i just got a wakeboard 2 days ago and i used it for the 1st time today i got up fine but couldnt steer right any pointers???
Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
I remember when I first got up on a wakeboard, for the first day it felt like skiing on marbles, it was really skitterish and it took a while to get comfortable. A couple of my friends who learnt with me aswell found the same thing. But just keep riding, eventually you'll get a feel for it. It will become more natural. You may want to look up the correct body position somewhere...
You may want to try and let go with the rear hand initially on some of the turns, I remember doing that and I felt the board would track a lot easier.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Make sure you keep that handle at your left front hip (if your regular), just keep it down!! That's awesome that you got up though, a lot of guys have trouble getting up the first time! It will definitely feel super weird and squirrley at first, but keep at it you'll get it soon enough! Have you ever snowboarded? You edge kinda like that, like if you want to go out toeside (again to the right if you are regular), you put a little bit of weight on your toes and if you want to cut out heel side you put a bit of weight on your heels. Check out some wakeboarding videos, and watch their body positions... I think their are even videos on this site. Good luck and congrats!
Old    weeskatr109            09-03-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
thanks alot guys ill try it on monday

later