Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Anybody know anymore information about this installation for the power flag button?

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-04-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
What information are u looking 4. Its a Hotbuddy products power flag. I took the stock up and down button appart and installed it into a B&M aftermarket shift knob. Its super easy. I have done 2 of these and both still working great.

PS how are u up loading picks. Do you have to host your own pick's now
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-04-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
Based on the pic, it looks like Grant's boat...(the red gelcoat and BLING in the ballast gauge gives it away).

http://www.wakeworld.com/grant_west/
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-04-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
Nevermind, Grant beat me to it.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-04-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
You can buy the shift knobs with the button already installed. Look for shift knobs with a line lock or NOS button. Here is a link with a few of them. hope this helps.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Comp...34238/10002/-1
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
"G"
if you click "post reply" and the end of the thread, NOT just the quick reply, there is a little paperclip that is for attachments.... I have been using that for pics, you just browse for the photo.... click it and it autosizes it into your post.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, I figured the power flag setup, which from what I can tell, is now selling through hpinnovations. http://www.hbpinnovations.com/Powerflag.html

I'm mostly interested in the wiring of the push button. Is it a simple and straight forward 2-wire setup? Also, where are the wires running? Do you have any additional photos Grant? Thanks

I'm uploading pictures through photobucket. I had to save your photo to my computer, then upload it to photobucket, then link the img code to this thread.

Oh, and thanks for the link 99
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
"G"
if you click "post reply" and the end of the thread, NOT just the quick reply, there is a little paperclip that is for attachments.... I have been using that for pics, you just browse for the photo.... click it and it autosizes it into your post.
Well, that seems much quicker/easier..... thanks
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Tom: Thank's for the info on the Pick's this will be my first post with pick's So you all can thank tom. I was thinking WTF Im not hosting pick's ect .

Ok back to the power flag. I have done a few Mod's to my stock set up. The stock up and down button. It looks like this
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
It has everything you need to make the **** knob button work. I took it all apart and up the LED's that show if the flag is up or down in the dash like this.

The lights tell you weather the flag is up or down.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Dash Led's
Attached Images

Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help
Grant - how did you secure the wires running from the push button?
From what I can tell, the setup will require exposed wiring from the throttle button, which may kill the deal for me unless I can find a way to conceal/secure the wiring.

Suggestions? Thanks
Old    aXtion            03-16-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
this is really cool, its pretty expensive for just a few cables and rods, they must be making a HUGE profit. Judging by all the products in the video I would estimate it costing them about $100 at max to make all the products.

Has anyone that uses this product had any issues with the flag not coming out or the flag getting torn after numerous uses?
Old    walker44            03-16-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Looks like a quality product, but $700 is a bit steep. I will stay with my $5 flag for now. It might be worth it if it legally allowed you to ride without a spotter. I think it’s funny that it even has a light to tell you its deployed. Can’t you just look up?
Old    aXtion            03-16-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker44 View Post
Looks like a quality product, but $700 is a bit steep. I will stay with my $5 flag for now. It might be worth it if it legally allowed you to ride without a spotter. I think it’s funny that it even has a light to tell you its deployed. Can’t you just look up?
Haha, my thoughts exactly. Which states allow the use of a mirror instead of having to have a spotter?
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
I think the light would be there as more of a reminder.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-16-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
$700 is way too steep for this. Very innovative product. Those guys could make a killing selling them at $99, not sure why they have the price set so far outta range. Lets get that thing over to China fellas and get the price down so everybody with a boat buys one.
Old     (AndersonMC)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-11-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
Has anyone installed one of these aftermarket knobs for there power flag? If so how did you run the wires from the knob through the throttle? Getting ready to install one of these for my flag but I can't figure out how to hide the wires?
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-11-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
Doesnt the law in most states, require the flag be physically held by the observor and not by a mechanical device?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
From the Seattle police site: http://www.seattle.gov/police/units/...bor_diving.htm

Skier Down Flag

Washington law requires that's vessels towing person(s) on water skis or similar devices carry and properly display a "skier down" flag whenever the towed person(s) is prepared to ski or has fallen into the water.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-11-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonMC View Post
Getting ready to install one of these for my flag but I can't figure out how to hide the wires?
I couldn't find a way to discretely run the wires, so I put the project on hold
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       08-12-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aXtion View Post
Haha, my thoughts exactly. Which states allow the use of a mirror instead of having to have a spotter?
NC is one. We dont even need a mirror if the guy is wearing a PFD.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
In NJ the flag must be up all the time while pulling a rider. Down or up.