Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Tweaked my left shoulder at TSR last week, anyone have some good tips to help me get full range back?

thanks
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
I was a pitcher through college and we used to do a lot of jobe exercises and light weight (5lbs) exercises to strengthen the smaller/supporting muscles to the rotator cuff. Good luck and that sucks...especially so early in the season.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5241307_rota...-pitchers.html

http://www.webball.com/cms/page1322.cfm
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-12-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
do yourself a huge favor and rehab it before you tear it. The exercises above will be great, but if you tear it, you're out for quite some time and it sucks big time. tore mine in august, repaired in December, am still rehabing and the Doc says no riding till May 1 (although i took an easy 1 handed set yesterday!)
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Scott thanks for the workouts

Darin what are you doing for rehab?

mine is just tweaked, and i would like to heal it as soon as possible. (however i am going to continue to wakeboard which i realize is going to exacerbate the problem)
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-12-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I've injured mine a few times, have always had good luck recovering though using resistance bands that my chiropractor gave me.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Check out Crossfit.com for shoulders/core. I ripped all my muscles in my shoulder and tore rotator in several spots. Crossfit got me right back on track way faster than standard rehab.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-12-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
I've been going to PT since my surgery in December, nothing really crazy, just light weights in different lifts. I'd check out crossfit.com too, would probably be quicker than standard rehab