Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (pat6969)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-27-2017, 10:37 PM Reply   
Is the wave affected by the water conditions? Last night the water was dead calm and my wave was killer, clean and long. Today water was a bit choppy and the wave was a bit washy on top. Just wondering if this is normal, this is my first V-drive. It's a Moomba Mondo with man flo, 1100 rears and 1000 locker/front.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
"man flo?" Is that a real name for a boat feature? Say it ain't so.

As for your question, yes, it's normal for it to get a little washy on top when it's choppy out there. There's nothin like ruining perfect glass with a surf wake.
Old     (pat6969)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-27-2017, 11:25 PM Reply   
Manual flow surf, easier to type man flo. Thanks, I was hoping it was the chop and not something I did since it was set identical both days. Late night runs with no one on the lake makes for a nice surf session.

Last edited by pat6969; 07-27-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2017, 11:56 PM Reply   
Ah, got it. Yeah always nice to have it all to yourself.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-28-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
If you have to ride in some choppy water try and go with the wind or wave direction and not against as this will make your ride much more enjoyable and a more consistent wave.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2017, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
If you have to ride in some choppy water try and go with the wind or wave direction and not against as this will make your ride much more enjoyable and a more consistent wave.
Excellent advice.
Old     (Kwclark)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-31-2018, 8:54 PM Reply   
Wave is always better in Glass but it’s still fun to surf in garbage. Can’t say the same for passengers though. They seem to get as wet as me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WDNEVAALQs
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-02-2018, 6:40 AM Reply   
bags or tanks?

if bags, you have to keep an eye on them as they fill up (guests make great bag watchers). I've switched sides before and noticed a huge difference in wave size, shape and push. when we switched back, I noticed starboard locker bag was wrinkled at the bottom and wouldn't fill 100%. make sure you get all the weight in there you can.
Old     (WakesurfMedia)      Join Date: Sep 2017       05-03-2018, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Excellent advice.
Absolutely +1 for that! In our experience, a tailwind helps the rider stay in the sweet spot as well as the previously mentioned consistent wave. If it's a blown out day grab a board and give it a rip!

- Ry