Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    xxoo7xx            07-21-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
I just bought a new 2003 Liquid Force DLX 134 board and some used 2002 Liquid Force Ultra Suction bindings. The bindings did not come with the bolts to attach them to the board. I have called around locally and searched online, and cannot find anywhere to buy them. Can I just use regular bolts from a hardware store or are there special ones? The only ones I found online are quick adjust clamps for like $55. I am hoping this isn't the cost of regular ones, because I was expecting to pay a few bucks for them.

Thanks for the help!
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Just go to your local hardware store and get some stainless steel flathead bolts. They are 1/4" course thread and get what ever legnth you need. Don't be cheap and buy the zink plated ones because they will rust and don't buy them to long otherwise you will screw them though the bottom of your board. Good Luck!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Buywake.com has what you need. Rainbow pro locks, 12 bucks for a set, here's the link:
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail.lasso?cat=6&man=Rainbow&sku=AM_1183

In a pinch, I'm sure you could get by with flat head machine bolts from the hardware store, combined with wide-diameter washers. Make sure you get stainless steel, and take your board/bindings to the store to make sure you get the right ones. I would go with the Rainbows.
Old    xxoo7xx            07-21-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
thanks a lot for the help. i think i will order those rainbows, but stop by the hardware store for temporary ones while i wait for the rainbows to ship.