Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-01-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
just trying to figure out what i am doing wrong, i land it probably 25% of the time. There are about 4 trys at the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK44CGDwvSk
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
You need to square up to wake more. That will help pop you straight back so you don't get the half twist in the air, which is causing you to crash. Really concentrate on having that board flip straight over your head. You start turning it sideways mid air. I used to do the same thing. I started grabbing the trick which would force me to flip straight back with no twisting.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-01-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
indy?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-02-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Blake, also have even pressure on both feet when edging in. It looks like you're back foot heavy which makes you throw the trick over your back shoulder. If you're squared up when you leave the wake, like Ryan M mentions above, that will help you not twist in the air and land square on the board.

Hope this helps.
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
Yes indy. Bring the board to your hand, not your hand to the board, if that makes sense. And don't rush it.