Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-16-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
I am taking another stab at making my own racks. What I am looking for is if anyone knows of a local place (Stockton) that can give the racks a rubber coating? I am willing to drive a little ways.
Thanks.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-16-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
hey man
if you find some were let me know i have been looking for sometime not very hard since i never found anyone but let me know i have a 40 pund lead weight i need dipped
thanks
Old    greg_mercer            02-18-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
You should try that stuff they sell at the hardware stores that is used to rubber coat handles of tools and that type of thing. I've seen it sold in about a quart sized container. I would say its worth a try at only 5 or 6 bucks a can. I would try testing it on something else first though.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-19-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Greg I will give it a try. Do you by chance have any idea what its called?
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-19-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
plasitkote
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-20-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
My experience with Platikote is that it wears off and peels off pretty easily. I didn't fully follow the instructions when putting it on either and that may be the case.

The spray on plastic undercoating that you can buy at auto stores however is pretty damn tough. I have put some on my claw and sledge hammers @ work. The stuff holds up really well to daily abuse.