Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-20-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
anybody still ride the shackles? I know they went out of business, but I was just wondering.
Old    walt            07-20-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
I do.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-20-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
do you know if Mike is still selling/making boots? I had his e-mail but I lost it.
Old    walt            07-20-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
I think Mike from wakeon.com knows how to get in touch with M.rogers
Old    walt            07-20-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
Here is mike Smiths E-mail Mike@WakeOn.com
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
As of last year, I was still riding my vandall solbounds (and I plan to continue to do so, at some point. They're probably the best bindings I've ever had and I love them to death.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
blah...no offense to those that like them or is a good friend of mike rogers, but man, they are the WORST bindings i've EVER ridden! no way would i ever trust my ankles in them, nor would i trust the footbed, or lack thereof!

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-20-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
now what was the point of that?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2004, 11:49 PM Reply   
because it's a message board...i'm allowed to express my opinion, right? i mean it's a thread about solbounds...i'm expressing my thoughts on them.

disclaimer: i've never met rogers...my opinion on the bindings in no way parallel my opinion on rogers as well.

(Message edited by dakid on July 20, 2004)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-21-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Joe, you must be referring to the old solbounds. Mine are two year old (or something) and the footbed is actually pretty thick. I'll post a picture later tonight, but it isn't thin.

And I thought the support was really good, but that's just me...again, maybe it has to do with the fact that they were a newer model...or not...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
electricsnow, yeah, maybe you're right. all i remember was that i was so paranoid in them, and that each landing hurt.

these are the ones i rode...
Old    walt            07-21-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
Those have a different foot bed than mine.