Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-03-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
I've heard that there will be prizes for the oldest, most bald, traveling the most distance competitor. :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1220
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-03-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Uhmmm.... I think I can make it:-)

Hey we should have a great event for everyone. Were going to pull the event with a Malibu VLX and a Centurion Avalanche. We'll set up the boats for both stances, then swap ballast and set up for the other stance.

Wakesurf prizes include a Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) system, A SStixx Ja Mako, an IS Yellow Loogey, and a Walker Project board.

There's really a lot going on, we'll have clinics and boards to demo. My quiver of Trick Boardz, several Inland Surfer Boards, an old Broadcast 5.6, the infamous "Skim This!" as well as the massive "Recycle This!!" will be available for demo. We'll have a Walzer demo board and a Cyber Shapes demo board available too.

Everyone will take home a Wakefest T-shirt.
Upload
Upload

We’ll award additional prizes not announced here. Check this link for more prize information. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/430068.html?1183336323

We're buying lunch for everyone and providing refreshments.

Hmmm. What should we award to the oldest and baldest waketrecker? Anyone but Jeff have any ideas?
Old    surfdad            07-04-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Did you just call me a waketrecker? :-) I know that some folks might have difficulty coming up with ideas, so I thought I'd toss out some of my favorites:

1) Funding for 4 years at an ivy league college for a male son. Tasteful, don't you agree?

2) A 10,000 square foot home on a tropical island, perhaps in Hawaii? Ever so thoughtful.

3) A private jet. Just the convenience that every old, bald, waketrecker needs.

4) Several new Enzo's, one in each size and color combination. Old, bald waketrecker's simply must have a choice, you understand.

5) Enough money to pay the income tax on the above individual prizes. :-)

Back to reality :-) The WP board is a blue Composite X 4.5. Very nice board.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'm sure we can come up with some colorful ideas. Anyone else out there know what an old, bald, Waketrecker might need?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-04-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Large oil company to provide fuel to make waketrecker trips. Make sure the Enzo's at least one with reverse rotation prop.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-04-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
What time do you think the wakesurf comp will end? Is there a womens division for that? Im visiting here in Ohio but have to catch a plane Saturday out of Cleveland at 6pm. Think I can make it happen? Its awefully tempting.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
The Wakesurfing competition is on Saturday. Registration starts at 9:00 AM. The competition should be over by 1:00 PM. We're starting a hydrofoil competition at 1:00 PM. Jeff and James will run clinics on Sunday, possibly Saturday as well.

I would love to see you at Wakefest. Are you going to bring your Power Ranger Gear? If you have any questions ask them here or email me.

We have Big-Kahuna (35 and over), Women’s, Intermediate, and Advanced wakesurf divisions.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-04-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have nothing with me whatsoever. I left all of my super hero powers and gear back home. Can I barrow or rent?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
I have all the gear you need, all you have to do is enter.

I have a ton of life jackets and the following boards you could ride:
IS Yellow
IS Red
Trick Boardz Mo Jo XL
A Small Trick Boardz Freestyle
A medium Trick Boardz Freestyle
Broadcast 5.6
A beast of a home made recycled materials board
A 2’ by 4’ sheet of plywood
A 4’ unsurfable round disk

A friend has a IS Blue, I’m sure you could ride

I also should have a Walzer demo
I also should have a Cyber Shapes demo

What other gear do you need to summon your special powers?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-04-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
What type of tricks will you be looking for in the womens division?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
Wakefest is a "Grassroots" event. I take grassroots to mean that we are competing because we enjoy the sport and for the fellowship. We have attached a modest cash purse to the Advanced division. Other prizes will be raffled.

Women may enter any division. By offering a women's division we're providing an opportunity for the ladies to compete amongst themselves. Other than gender I haven't set a requirement for the women's division.
Old    surfdad            07-04-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
XGirl, we'll be out there and James is bringing his Comp X 4.5, as I recommended over at www.endofropegang.com. I'm sure he'd let you take a spin, IF you wear a PFD :-) You'll also want to test the Walzer Aplha if you get a chance.

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-04-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, Ed is right. It's such a great opportunity to get together and share the mutual love of a sport. Also for folks that are unable to get their hands on some of the lesser known performance boards, you'll be able to see them up close and compare them side by side with other boards.

PLUS...I'm getting a T-shirt! :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
Here's the story on the Walzer...

Friends ordered a Walzer, it was damaged in shipping. The board was sent back for repair but damaged again in return shipping. A new replacement board should have already been sent to my friends. The demo board has been repaired, looks great and rides great. Once the new board arrives Sean Ward asked my friends to give the repaired board to me for demos.

I don't think that you could ask for better service on a shipping problem then Sean Ward is providing.

Oh... Jeff you can count on getting more than T-shirt.

(Message edited by Bigshow on July 05, 2007)
Old    surfdad            07-05-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
The Villa on a tropical island? :-) Apparently the rest of my day will be spent in transit.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-05-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Not gonna make it. Sorry. I tryed but cant find a ride.
I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it though and hope to some day make it to one of the events.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
All I can say to Jeff is to be careful what you wish for.

Xgirl, we'll miss you super powers, we'll try to defeat the forces of evil without you.