Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-24-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
I ride a 138 parks board and bindings only because of the characteristics, Im not a parks stalker. I absolutely love the bindings and the board, but i have a couple of issues with the way the bindings fit on the board.

I ride all the way out, but this causes a gap under the bindings due to the abrupt 3-stage rocker. The bindings are setting right above the rocker line on the board creating this 1/4-1/8 inch gap. This results in a fair amount of bindings flex.

Any advise, other that get a new setup, to get rid of the flex?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
I have the same issue on my Absolute with the Parks bindings. The other Mfgr's bindings sort of bend and mold a little to the radius of the board because of the thin aluminum mounting plates. I think this is just a hyperlite thing, because the binding bases are think and rigid. I didn't think it caused any performance issues. None that I could tell anyway. You might be able to insert a neoprene pad or some sort of shim to take up the space.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-24-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
I dont know if the flexing problem is causing any performance issues because it has always done this.

I would like to be able to take the flex out to see if performance is increased. Are there any ribs or bones for Hyperlite bindings?

C'mon....the $1080 isnt gonna come easy.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-24-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
ive never had that problem with mine. plus the bindings dont hardly have any flex anymore.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
Thats weird, I have the same setup as J-Rod and it pretty much is flush to the board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
My heel and toe sit slightly raised off of the board.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-25-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
you nailed it, J-Rod.

can you not tell the flex when changing switching from a heel side cut to a toe side cut? Im wondering the flex absorbs any shock when you hit the wake.

Im thinking about finding a pieces of thin, strong, metal and putting foam tape on it to put under the bindings. I think the peice of metal needs to be the size of a ruler or the length of the boot.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
I can't tell. Good point though. It seems to me that it would only flex when you transition from edge to edge quickly. Let me know if your solution works. Maybe I should check it out too.