Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Mike,

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll keep it brief. I get a great price on a boat through my local dealers. I've been fortunate to get pretty much whatever I've wanted over the past 7 years (MC, CC, BU, etc.) I've had an xstar, vlx, 3 SANTE 230's and two Axis A22's. I liked the 230's I had a lot. However, I wanted a boat that would produce a very consistent wake in a variety of conditions at a variety of speeds. I wanted a boat that would be easy to flip each year. I wanted a boat that would have enough power to run 3-5k in ballast. I wanted a boat that had all of the essentials for wakeboarding and surfing, but not tons and tons of billet this and that, touch screens, etc. - because those items ran up the price of the boat. In 2011 I switched from a SANTE 230 to an Axis A22 with the big motor (400hp raptor). The Axis is much more basic and utilitarian. There's no fancy screen, no uber elaborate vinyl, cheaper dash and other trim pieces, etc. I saved like $30k getting a loaded A22 as opposed to a 230. To me it was worth the savings, because I got (IMO) a better wake with the A22, as well as everything I needed to use and enjoy my boat as I intended. I was also able to pay off the A22 (thus saving interest), and was able to flip my '11 for a great price. I now have a 2012 A22 with the LS3, and I have really enjoyed it. The things I have missed about owning a 230 are the extra room it had, the bling factor, and it was quieter than the A22. At the end of the day, you just have to weigh the extra cost of buying a premium boat like a CC, MC, BU over a budget brand like Moomba, MB or Axis (Tige and Supra fit somewhere in between these two categories in my mind), and spend your money where it matters to you.

Last edited by chattwake; 11-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
enjoying the great opinions and facts guys, and really appreciate everyones time in posting, ill try to post pics of my current setup today or tommorrow, not bad what i have right now, but i do feel like it is time for me to upgrade. that g23 and rz2 are on my mind constantly and different things are appealing to me for each, alot harder decision than i thought for me to make, and yes i know everyone the g23 is the superior boat, no doubt, but i keep asking myself will i be happy with my purchase if i go tige or will i regret it, dont want to settle but the rz2 may be everything i need, i really wish it had a center walkway though, i am anal about my things and cant stand for people to step all over the rear vinyl, just always bugs me, i dont know, maybe i am just being too picky, but i want what i want and i worked for the money and when i right that check i want no regrets or doubts, thanks again everyone
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-28-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Mike,

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll keep it brief. I get a great price on a boat through my local dealers. I've been fortunate to get pretty much whatever I've wanted over the past 7 years (MC, CC, BU, etc.) I've had an xstar, vlx, 3 SANTE 230's and two Axis A22's. I liked the 230's I had a lot. However, I wanted a boat that would produce a very consistent wake in a variety of conditions at a variety of speeds. I wanted a boat that would be easy to flip each year. I wanted a boat that would have enough power to run 3-5k in ballast. I wanted a boat that had all of the essentials for wakeboarding and surfing, but not tons and tons of billet this and that, touch screens, etc. - because those items ran up the price of the boat. In 2011 I switched from a SANTE 230 to an Axis A22 with the big motor (400hp raptor). The Axis is much more basic and utilitarian. There's no fancy screen, no uber elaborate vinyl, cheaper dash and other trim pieces, etc. I saved like $30k getting a loaded A22 as opposed to a 230. To me it was worth the savings, because I got (IMO) a better wake with the A22, as well as everything I needed to use and enjoy my boat as I intended. I was also able to pay off the A22 (thus saving interest), and was able to flip my '11 for a great price. I now have a 2012 A22 with the LS3, and I have really enjoyed it. The things I have missed about owning a 230 are the extra room it had, the bling factor, and it was quieter than the A22. At the end of the day, you just have to weigh the extra cost of buying a premium boat like a CC, MC, BU over a budget brand like Moomba, MB or Axis (Tige and Supra fit somewhere in between these two categories in my mind), and spend your money where it matters to you.
When you say "flip" I interpret that as buying and selling for a profit. Are you telling me that you "flip" a new boat for a profit or break even every year? I have been flipping houses for a living for the past 4 years and would LOVE to throw a new boat into my inventory every year. Would you mind explaining how you are able to do this????
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-28-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
I think Chatt is using that as a relative term. I think we all know your not going to be able to sell a year old boat for more than you pay for it after using it all year. Boats don't appreciate like a house. You are flipping run down distressed properties not brand new ones, right? I think he is using the word flip with what he considers to be a reasonable loss for a seasons use. If you get a smoking deal you might sell for close at the end of the year, but doubt your going to make money. If you do find a sucker to over pay and break even or make a buck, I doubt you are doing it year after year.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
Flipping is a relative term. In other words, I try not to lose very much on a boat every year. I certainly do not make money.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-28-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
enjoying the great opinions and facts guys, and really appreciate everyones time in posting, ill try to post pics of my current setup today or tommorrow, not bad what i have right now, but i do feel like it is time for me to upgrade. that g23 and rz2 are on my mind constantly and different things are appealing to me for each, alot harder decision than i thought for me to make, and yes i know everyone the g23 is the superior boat, no doubt, but i keep asking myself will i be happy with my purchase if i go tige or will i regret it, dont want to settle but the rz2 may be everything i need, i really wish it had a center walkway though, i am anal about my things and cant stand for people to step all over the rear vinyl, just always bugs me, i dont know, maybe i am just being too picky, but i want what i want and i worked for the money and when i right that check i want no regrets or doubts, thanks again everyone
What is your current ability level? Sounds like you're leaning Tige. Good choice, now rock n roll!!!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
lol, not inerested in flipping, no reason to sell it in forseeable future and i am planning to have the next one long term and wont have a payment so it should be something i enjoy for a long time, u should always consider resale but i realize with a purchase like this you just have to realize it is a depreciating asset and is what it is, that being said nobody wants to spend more than they have to, i can get a g for 118 out the door with trailer equipped the way i want it, everything except the largest engine and no tower spkrs cuz honestly i dont like the roswell horns, system sounded terrible though i have never heard a boat system sound as good as my current boat either and i have done and heard several, the tige I can get for about 80k out the door, 38k difference, and yes i know i am about to be told that i am full of crap getting one for 118 out the door but whatever, i know what it will cost me and believe me or dont, i really dont care, i realize that alot of people prob think im wasting their time because alot of online people/posters do and i understand that, i am not wasting anyones time and i very much appreciate all of your input, time responding, and knowledge in helping me research to make the best decision for me that i will be happiest with.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-28-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
I think what people will want to know is where a well optioned G can be had for 118K. Sounds like you have a CC on the extreme low side of pricing and a Tige dealer on the high side. I could have bought a 2013 RZ2 for under 75K. Used 2012 the same place loaded with 70 hours for about 66K. I don't know G pricing but the Tige is High!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
and i dont believe i have answered any of your questions as far as my skill level but to be honest with everyone I am an intermediate rider and by know means consider myself to be a good wakeboarder, but i do hope to change that in the near future and work hard to get better, and hopefully i make the right choice on my boat to help me with my goals, dont want to go pro but do want to be considered to be a pretty kickass local rider if possible one day
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
tige i have not demo'd nor have i talked to a dealership straight on, just throwing a number out there based on prices i see for new rz2's i have came across, the g price is concrete, i know for sure i can leave with it at that price and if i choose to go that route thats what it will be, tige i would have to negotiate with a dealer and select my options
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-28-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
Can you actually compare anything to this?
sickest G ive seen yet.
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-28-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
How is the "local" riding around Fayetteville? Last I knew the nearest water was a good hour away from there. They used to have a cable on Bragg. Next nearest water I knew was White lake to the south and the Sharon Harris north or the lakes by Raleigh.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-28-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Flipping is a relative term. In other words, I try not to lose very much on a boat every year. I certainly do not make money.
That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the boat here (pun intended). Thanks!

In relation to the topic of this thread, I would buy the G23 over any boat in a heartbeat if money wasn't a factor. I don't have anything good to say about Tige so I'll keep my mouth shut. Sounds like from everyone's posts that I need to catch a ride behind a new one.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
miguel that is a sick g, and i am partial to black and white theme which i will try to have pics of my current setup by tomorrow, but again that is sick, and there isnt really local riding here in fayetteville, white lake sucks and is like a big bowl, the cape fear river is awesome as far as flat water but i will never get in that filthy doo doo brown snake and dead body infested water, so that leaves me sharon harris and jordan, but harris is closest and the one i use every weekend during season
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-28-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Honestly you could "flip" boats if you or someone you know works at the manufacturer and gets dealer pricing on A boat each year.. We used to do this for about 7 years at Rinker.. This is how I paid cash for my current boat... But anyways... Lol
Mike, sitting around and reading the posts that accumulated, it seems you want the Tigé RZ2 more than the G23... Like others suggested, this is not a fair comparison but the Z2 is a nice boat.. Now if you look at the Z3 with the convex, your getting closer and I think you will like that one better, atleast peek at it? The convex is for when you decide to start surfing, and you will, lol, all eventually do and won't admit it here.... It's Tigé's all around boat and I think you can get that one for around the price (tigé) you stated loaded... Nice price on the G23 BTW and I also agree not to get the sound system upgrade for the G23, there are way better audio manufacturers out these days, that's CC downfall I think in the sound arena... I'm not gonna sway you one way or the other, my post was meant to get you to look more at the Z3 and compare it to the infamous G23 good luck man! The rest is easy.....
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
oh and now they opened smith lake again for cable and benson has hexagon cable park now open but i havent been to either, i like to get away on the lake and zone out, cable isnt really for me, i want the freedom of my boat
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
i have always favored the g23 honestly but I am open to and like the tige, and i agree whole heartedly about the sound being cc's problem, their boats sound terrible, I am a JL audio dealer and rock jl in everything i own, i have heard and somewhat like some of the projection horns like the wetsounds but not really my cup of tea, if anyone heard my boat with my massive jl system compared to those compression horns they wouldnt go any other route, not just saying it cuz its mine, it just sounds phenomenal. i love jl if matched and tuned properly that is
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Just an FYI, "Convex" is Tiges hull design and the "Convex VX" is Tiges new surf wake apparatus and will not be limited to the Z3 model. Now, I havent seen any surf wake pics of any other Tige models with the Convex VX but the Z3, but IMO, I do not think the RZ2 is going to need it.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, comparing the Wet Sounds Icon-8 8" tower speakers to the JL 7.7's would be a more apples to apples comparison, since they are both coax.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-28-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Can you actually compare anything to this?
sickest G ive seen yet.
Ha ha Migs...check this out!!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8572531&type=1
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Cleanest G23 I've seen right here... Love it
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Whoa sorry for the size guys shoulda shrinked that a bit
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-28-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
I wish there was no graphic on the side, just SUPER AIR NAUTIQUE G23
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       11-28-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
i keep asking myself will i be happy with my purchase if i go tige or will i regret it, dont want to settle but the rz2 may be everything i need, i really wish it had a center walkway though, i am anal about my things and cant stand for people to step all over the rear vinyl, just always bugs me, i dont know, maybe i am just being too picky, but i want what i want and i worked for the money and when i right that check i want no regrets or doubts, thanks again everyone[/QUOTE]

The Tige has a walkway it is just on the starboard side V drive compartment. They also include a cushion to put there when you are just chillen. You can leave it on there at all times except when towing if you like. Also the cushions in the rear corners flip over to a carpeted side so no one ever has to step on the vinyl to get in or out of the boat.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-28-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Just an FYI, "Convex" is Tiges hull design and the "Convex VX" is Tiges new surf wake apparatus and will not be limited to the Z3 model. Now, I havent seen any surf wake pics of any other Tige models with the Convex VX but the Z3, but IMO, I do not think the RZ2 is going to need it.
Yes we know exactly what it is and called, thanks though, just can't help yourself can you ? Lol I just didn't put VX in hopes you'd need to chime in like always... Roflmao
For being Mr. Tigé I would think you'd know more than me... It will be available on all the Tigé's and retro for older models.. that's not why I suggested the Z3 but I don't need to explain that. He got it just fine... Keep hating...
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-29-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
You're fortunate to get to choose between two awesome boats.... Will you regret getting the g23? No. Will you regret getting the tige when you could have gotten a g23? possibly. So if you're in the position you could get a g23 then don't worry about the money- you'll make more of that tomorrow. This decision reminds me of boobs. They're mostly all good, some are just better than others. Either way you go its a win.

Last edited by bass10after; 11-29-2012 at 2:49 PM.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-30-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
You're fortunate to get to choose between two awesome boats.... Will you regret getting the g23? No. Will you regret getting the tige when you could have gotten a g23? possibly. So if you're in the position you could get a g23 then don't worry about the money- you'll make more of that tomorrow. This decision reminds me of boobs. They're mostly all good, some are just better than others. Either way you go its a win.
This.. is wisdom. True, true wisdom.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-30-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
In certain areas of the country, Tige is a hot brand. However, in many areas, nobody buys them. Let's put it this way. I live about 75 miles from where MC, BU, Supra, Moomba operate their plants. I live in a huge boating community in souteast Tennessee. I did not see a single Tige on the water this season. Not one. Perhaps where you live, Tige has a great dealership and a loyal fan base. If that's the case, then you will probably be able to get good money out of a few year old RZ2. If you don't then I'd look hard at what used RZ2's are selling for nationally (on boattrader, ebay etc.), and compare that price to what you would pay new, in order to gauge depreciation.

Bluntly, if you opt for the Tige purely due to the lower cost, I'd highly encourage you to consider some other boats that are more comparable to the RZ2 in terms of price and size, such as the SANTE 230, the Malibu 22 MXZ or 23 LSV, the MC X25 or X30, etc.
Great post Chatt, this is a good point that many may not have considered. I've only ever seen 1 Tige on the water in the past few years. It's a great looking boat, but having nationwide dealership, sales, and service support is a big factor that should not be overlooked.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-30-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
guys i am just as torn as ever, trying to decide between value price and bang for buck versus the baddest mofo on the water is a hard hard choice, lol, torn and confused
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-30-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Great post Chatt, this is a good point that many may not have considered. I've only ever seen 1 Tige on the water in the past few years. It's a great looking boat, but having nationwide dealership, sales, and service support is a big factor that should not be overlooked.
Nationwide dealership sales and support? On my 500 acre lake there's 7 Tige's, 3 malibu's and 4 mc's... 0 nautiques, 0 supra's (from say 2000- on) despite the fact that it's the closest dealer?

By the same logic no one should be buying nautiques or surpa's; I haven't ever seen a new one in the wild... And only 1 supra...
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-30-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
guys i am just as torn as ever, trying to decide between value price and bang for buck versus the baddest mofo on the water is a hard hard choice, lol, torn and confused
Well if your not gonna buy that baddest mofo then I think it's even more difficult!

You have to go demo a MXZ, LSV, x-25,x-30, tomcat, Supra, SAN 230/210 before jumping head first into that tige.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-30-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Thats what i said before. There are a bunch of boats more comparable to the G then the RZ2 his. Z3 would be much better comparison, and still 40K less. But then there are all Ron's options and more!!

Buy the G and lets call it a day!! You said your paying cash anyway. If you make that kind of cash you can change your mind next week and sell it at a 20K loss. No big deal!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-30-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
I've got a friend with a g for sale. Pm me if you're be interested in comming to east TN for one.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-30-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
walk down to the dock and on one side theres a G, and on the other theres any other in all the lineups. Which one do you jump on?
go buy that boat already.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-30-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
walk down to the dock and on one side theres a G, and on the other theres any other in all the lineups. Which one do you jump on?
go buy that boat already.
Which one i or anyone else will jump on will all be different. They will either jump on the one their most familiar with or the one they would like to try the most. That's why we told Mike to go out and demo both boats.I know it's probably a little too cold to do that in N.C. right now.Would you buy a car that expensive without driving it?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-30-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
He said he's already been in the G and loved it!!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-30-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
Mike, just an FYI that my G23 is for sale. It's only a few months old and is well below the $118 that you say your dealer can get you. Shoot me an email at jlfogelson@hotmail.com if you're at all interested.

Last edited by ironj32; 11-30-2012 at 5:05 PM.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-30-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
The one I would want looks identical to the first one they intro'd except I want carpet and grey Seadek or whatever u call it, man I hate that brown Seadek, it's horrible looking, but I do like the black and white one Miguel posted, I'm partial to blk n white and my current nautique is that same theme as well as my lifted truck, jay do u have a link to where urs is for sale?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-30-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
But the blue metal flake, blk, and white one with the pro standing on the back of the platform with sunset nautique pic is the one I am really planning to order if I pull the trigger
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-30-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
LOL, mine has got brown Nauteak flooring, so you probably won't like it. I thought I wouldn't like the teak stuff either (was going to get carpet), but I'm sooooo glad I didn't. The teak flooring is much nicer. It dries super quick, stay so much cleaner, and it's cheaper to boot. In my opinion, the rey color is just too drab. My dealer has a few boats with all the grey teak flooring and they are thinking about switching them out to brown, for the same reason....it just doesn't give you that "warm" feeling when you're in them.

Here's a link to a thread with a bunch of pictures.
http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...6-2013-san-g23!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-01-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
The brown Nauteak looks way better in person than pictures.. I also like the gray, though.. I let my wife choose - and she liked the gray over the brown for our color combo. The stuff is cool, though - actually cool.. it does NOT get hot in direct sunlight.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-01-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
The Poseidon Mats that come in the new Tige's are also sweet. Air and water pass right through them. They just lay on the floor and you can pull them out if you need to clean them.No more soaked carpet or mildew in the carpet.They come in a wide selection of colors.If you haven't checked them out you should.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-01-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Mark, Do u have pics of your boat I can c

Robert, thanks for tip
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-01-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mark, Do u have pics of your boat I can c

Robert, thanks for tip
It's being built at the moment.. I don't have any pics from the factory that show the nauteak yet. I'll PM you the rendering though.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-02-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSez View Post
This is all balderdash, is that Tige's new angle? Fuel consumption? Who cares? The OP can easily afford either boat, I don't think he/she will hang their hats on it'sGPH.

Fact is Tige is an econo-brand. I'd compare a RZ2 to a MB F21 or Moomba. I'm sure it thriiillllls you that Tige is even mentioned in the same breath of the Super Super Air Nautique but c'mon, the dream is over, your bed is a bit damp, and it's time to move on.

Not real sure you can put Moomba and MB in the same class. You obviously haven't been in both boats.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-03-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Nationwide dealership sales and support? On my 500 acre lake there's 7 Tige's, 3 malibu's and 4 mc's... 0 nautiques, 0 supra's (from say 2000- on) despite the fact that it's the closest dealer?

By the same logic no one should be buying nautiques or surpa's; I haven't ever seen a new one in the wild... And only 1 supra...

I know you are the defender of everything Tige, but you have done an amazing job of missing the point on this one. Of course people will have different brand representation in their local area. That is exactly the point Chatt was making, and which I was agreeing with. Try reading it again.

Quote:
In certain areas of the country, Tige is a hot brand. However, in many areas, nobody buys them.

To put numbers to it, Malibu has 107 dealers nationwide. The nearest one is 20 miles away. Mastercraft, Nautique, and yes even Supra also have dealers within 100 miles of me.

Tige only has 46 dealers nationwide. 6 of those are in Texas alone. My nearest Tige dealer is 657 miles away. Tige resale anywhere local to me would be terrible compared to the big 3. The OP is already worried he will regret buying the Tige, so resale is an especially important aspect to consider in this case.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-03-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
That's not even a tige defense post. That's a boat buying defense post... Boat buying has 0 to do with national dealer support which you say in your comment ( the one I replied to) rather its an entirely local thing... If you have a good regional dealer than you shouldn't hesitate to get a boat just because you've never seen one on the water. Boat dealers In California don't effect me in New England. And just because you haven't seen one on a lake makes almost no difference on whether or not you should buy a boat. If you har a good local dealer who gives you a good price and support then pull the trigger. But I have to ask about resale, if the boat isn't common but goes up for sale without any direct completion from say other rz2's in this case, is it bad for sales or good for sales?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
I think familiarity with a particular product helps drive demand. If a community is completely ignorant of a particular product, then it probably also fails to appreciate its value. I'm not knocking Tige, but if you tried to sell on in my neck of the woods, you'd have a harder time due to lack of demand and increased competition from used boats manufactured by companies whose products are familiar to local consumers (e.g. MC, CC, BU, Supra) - not to mention the lack of a local dealer. My point was, if people in OP's community are familiar with Tige, and there is a strong local demand for that brand, then resale value would not be of particular concern. However, if the OP's local area is not a breeding ground of knowledgable Tige owners, then when he goes to sell his boat in 3-5 years, he will likely be depending on a national market for prospective purchasers. Because Tige has less of a national presence than, say, CC, BU, MC, it could be harder for the OP to sell his boat outside of his area.

I could be way off here. This is just my opinion. It would be a concern of mine if I happened to be considering purchasing a Tige in my particular area.

Last edited by chattwake; 12-03-2012 at 8:06 AM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-03-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Chat makes some good points. I bet the people who bought Wakecrafts wish they had listened to this advice
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
For the record, I feel that Tige makes a high quality boat. Not comparing Tige to Wakecraft.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-03-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's not even a tige defense post. That's a boat buying defense post... Boat buying has 0 to do with national dealer support which you say in your comment ( the one I replied to) rather its an entirely local thing... If you have a good regional dealer than you shouldn't hesitate to get a boat just because you've never seen one on the water. Boat dealers In California don't effect me in New England. And just because you haven't seen one on a lake makes almost no difference on whether or not you should buy a boat. If you har a good local dealer who gives you a good price and support then pull the trigger. But I have to ask about resale, if the boat isn't common but goes up for sale without any direct completion from say other rz2's in this case, is it bad for sales or good for sales?
The thing is.. these go together. If there's a good local dealer, there's very little chance that they wouldn't have seen one on the water.. if there are none on the water, the local dealer probably isn't very good.

On my lake.. the brands with the good local dealers dominate. In order - Malibu, MC, Nautique, Supra (by my eyeball count as to who has more boats on the lake). All 4 have good local dealers. There are virtually no Tiges, Centurions, MB, Sanger, etc.. and this is a BIG lake.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-03-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
what im saying is that just because theres no boat of brand X, (nautique in my case, who has a local dealer which is good, and the closest dealer, i have never seen one on the water) does not mean that if i were boat shopping i would not go look and see what brand x has to offer, that would be absolutely foolish... obviously if brand x does not have a reasonably close dealer then you're probably not going to be likely to purchase

besides i would rather have a low volume dealer that takes good care of me than a high volume dealer that does not.
if i was spending 100k id just want to make sure 1. that my purchase, or really investment at that price, would be taken care of and 2. that i looked at ALL my options and made an informed decision

and yes chatt i see your point about national support, and its a good one to consider if you did not have any local dealers for said brand
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
just buy the boat that YOU like....for crying out loud these threads are so dumb...like you are really gonna let people on an internet forum that you have never met before tell you how to spend your money....go test out all the boats and buy the one that YOU like....who gives a flying flip i if you have the only boat like yours on the lake....in fact...i think its great to be a little different thatn every one else........so go buy a boat.....and you other guys stop crying about the TIGEs, Mastercrafts, G23.........or whatever
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-03-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
How about you just wait for the G 21 to come out? That may be a little more comparable (in length) to the RZ 2 and you coming from a 211...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
BTW, Robert - I just bought two snap-on f80 3/8 ratchets - one for pops and one for my brother. You should have hit me up! I would have bought from you.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-03-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
if you like yellow, here you go...

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-03-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
Black n yellow, black n yellow, black n yellow!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-03-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
That thing is a f'in tank!!!!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-03-2012, 5:13 PM Reply   
Can you imagine our girls trying to load that thing on the trailer!!!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-03-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
They are huge, but sure pretty!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-03-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
the g is no doubt a great boat with an amazing wake. and the interior looks wonderful. but man oh man does it need to lay off the mcdonalds...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
G23 by far the best looking boat on the market, serious wake tank. Little over priced but all around the best boat there is
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-04-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
i just really feel like they could give the g better gel coat lines and graphics to make it not look so fat...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-04-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
i just really feel like they could give the g better gel coat lines and graphics to make it not look so fat...
I thought women who wear all black are trying to hide lines or make themselves look thinner. Now you're saying if you add more color it'll make them look not as big??
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
I thought women who wear all black are trying to hide lines or make themselves look thinner. Now you're saying if you add more color it'll make them look not as big??
Luckily it's a beast and I love how bulky it looks. Looks like it throws a hell of a wake, and it does! That's like a power lifter trying to look more slim
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-04-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
When I test rode the G I found it to be a great boat however its looks were a big part of the reason why I didn't buy it. Beauty is always subjective however the boat just looks like a plump shrimp trawler with superfluous edema. Love the sleek lines of the 210 and 230, but c'mon CC, biggest baddest wake but at aesthetic cost? Rich people demand both beauty AND function.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-04-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
the bulkyness of the boat is the turn off for me, i still love it though and interior is so plush and roomy and just badazz looking, love the boat overall but it is so bulky as others have pointed out, still torn, i love the g23, i love the rz2, had no idea it would be this hard of a decision when i started debating my future boat purchase, i am gonna demo rz2 as soon as i get a chance, gonna fly to tige in abilene and check out the factory and demo the tige lineup, i am also gonna redemo the g23 and buy a damn wetsuit and get some pulls before final decision, still absolutely no better off in my decision, hopefully after demos i will be, thanks for all the suggestions, ideas, thoughts, and comments guys
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
The other big thing on that boat is they really thought out how it should be built to make things easier. Putting the Perco switch right by the driver...I'm not sure why no one else thought of this. Cooler back in the floor like the old days, no one has to move to get a drink. Tons of storage, wide open. Just a well thought out boat all around. Looks like a beast, drives like a beast, makes beastly wakes, and is super comfy and well built with ease in mind for those int he boat.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-04-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
the bulkyness of the boat is the turn off for me, i still love it though and interior is so plush and roomy and just badazz looking, love the boat overall but it is so bulky as others have pointed out, still torn, i love the g23, i love the rz2, had no idea it would be this hard of a decision when i started debating my future boat purchase, i am gonna demo rz2 as soon as i get a chance, gonna fly to tige in abilene and check out the factory and demo the tige lineup, i am also gonna redemo the g23 and buy a damn wetsuit and get some pulls before final decision, still absolutely no better off in my decision, hopefully after demos i will be, thanks for all the suggestions, ideas, thoughts, and comments guys
^^^why not fly down to ORL and demo the G23 in boardies and no heater top
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-04-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Funny that people would stray from buying a G23 because of its looks....to each his own. Personally, I love the looks of it and I don't think they sacrificed any asthetics on it. I have people gawking all the time, and even taking pictures with their cell phones at stop lights - maybe they are just being mean and staring at the fat kid, lol.

Last edited by ironj32; 12-04-2012 at 1:14 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-04-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
no doubt the thing is an incredible piece of engineering and has an amazing interior layout. i just feel it could use some stripes a la malibue and tige and lower profile graphics such as mastercraft or MB. that big fat shield and plain 1 color nose just do nothing but make the boat 's freeboard look even more vast.

no matter how incredible the thing is i still cant shake this image when i look at the front of that boat... ( yes i know its an awful photo shop job)
Attached Images

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-04-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
^^^why not fly down to ORL and demo the G23 in boardies and no heater top

Boardies no heater!!! Your one tuff mfer. The water I was in was cold sub 70 I had long sleeve shorty on. Then again I am pale and 42
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Most of our lakes here never get over 73, we stop wearing heater shirts in the low to mid 60s
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-04-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Boardies no heater!!! Your one tuff mfer. The water I was in was cold sub 70 I had long sleeve shorty on. Then again I am pale and 42
Water is 68, 81 outside temp i wore heater top for 5 minutes then had to take a drink inthe lake I was sweating so much. Took it off afterwards. Plus figured hes from the north, he could tolerate the cold more than us.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-04-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
She might be a healthy girl but still pretty to look at IMO!! But I like a girl with some meat on her bones!! LOL
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-04-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
Dude buy the G an never look back. If youre taking large crews might even check into the 25. So sick man. You can't go wrong with S.A.N. which you already know cuz u own one....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-04-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
Mike would do best by getting a complete education on both boats.Demo both and make the decision that suits you the best.That way you won't have any regrets.If you ride in and behind both boats in smooth and rough water you can make the best decision for you.After all your the one who will be making the payments or writing the check.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-04-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
Only cash on this thread Robert
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-05-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-05-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
lol, too funny