Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 7:41 PM Reply   
Hi, new to the forum and would like information. I currently own an 07 nautique sv211 team edition. All blk and white with a monster jl audio system. I love my boat and it has a great wake but I've got the fever for something better and an even bigger wake. I am debating between g23 and tige rz2. I want to gather firsthand info and real truth from experience on reliability and satisfactory ownership. Please no arguing or bickering and no my brand is the best. I don't want any childish arguments, I just want real facts and info. Please chime in with your input and suggestions and keep this thread about constructive comparisons and info, thank u all for ur time

Mike in north carolina
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
Lol,I think you are on the wrong forum for real facts and info.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-26-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
G3's break propshafts and Tige is still makes the 2001 21i with poor interior and it doesnt need ballast.

Seriously, you are not going to find anyone here that can give you an unbiased comparison between the two boats. You're going to get those that say the G3 is best ever and then the Tige Haters who are still stuck on bashing what was made 12 years ago.

My suggestion would be to ask specific questions about each boat on their respective owner forums. Then sea trial both boats and take the dealer into consideration. Both boats are well built quality boats, each producing different wakeboard wakes.
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
Unbiased opinion here coming from a malibu owner....the G23 is siiiiiiiickkkkk. Lol never rode behind one but have crawled around one before...the nices boat ive ever seen. I doubt my post help any but just thought I'd throw out my .02! Good luck with the purchase and cant wait to see what u get.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
I lake tested a g23. Loved the roominess and well crafted high quality look and feel, did not like the noisy engine and excessive fuel usage. U can tell its a really well put together boat and I can afford it but still trying to justify it, wish I woulda took my board that day and not let the cold water spoil it for me. Shoulda just sucked it up. The rz2 seems to b a better deal for the money and I keep asking myself could I live with it or will I regret not grabbing the g23. From pricing I'm seeing about 30-40 grand difference though and I can afford it but still want to b smart about it. Can anybody describe differences in wake and speak truly with real knowledge. If u were me what would u do and why? Thanks, would love to hear about wake difference though
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
man i hate these kind of threads.....go demo both, crawl around in it untill you find every thing, make a pro con list...and then buy the one you like
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-26-2012, 9:21 PM Reply   
Since we all know how this thread is going to turn out I'll be the first one to throw it out there. Have you checked out the new MB's yet?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-26-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
Well at least if you get the Tige you can go wake to wake at 95 feet with no ballast? I hear the G23 throws a sick wake though when it is getting towed in by a bayliner because the shaft breaks clean off.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-26-2012, 9:28 PM Reply   
Por's Con's list is actually a really good idea. List all the things you care about in your boats (Storage, wakesize, stereo, tower, etc..) and side by side, choose which boat you prerfer in each Catagory. At the end when you add it up you will find yourself leaning toward one boat. If money were no object I couldn't Imagine picking the Tige over the G23, so really it all comes down to value for your dollar. Is it worth the extra $30-$40k for the bigger wake and more room/stoage?
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
I lake tested a g23. Loved the roominess and well crafted high quality look and feel, did not like the noisy engine and excessive fuel usage. U can tell its a really well put together boat and I can afford it but still trying to justify it, wish I woulda took my board that day and not let the cold water spoil it for me. Shoulda just sucked it up. The rz2 seems to b a better deal for the money and I keep asking myself could I live with it or will I regret not grabbing the g23. From pricing I'm seeing about 30-40 grand difference though and I can afford it but still want to b smart about it. Can anybody describe differences in wake and speak truly with real knowledge. If u were me what would u do and why? Thanks, would love to hear about wake difference though
I like the way you are approaching this. No bullsh** just straight up opinions and if those are your only two options for purchase right now then ignore the previous posts that are clearly taking you off topic....but from what i heard from a buddy MC owner and enthusiast...the main reason you buy a g23 or the new 25 is because you have the money for it. As previously mentioned if money isnt an object i dont see it making sense to buy a tige over a MC. IMO, if i had xxxxxxx amount of funds and just wanted THE badass boat of the season and wanted to just slay it on the lake go with MC. Once again i apologize i cant give you direct facts but thats just my opinion.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-26-2012, 9:51 PM Reply   
I am happy to listen to everyone's opinions and facts just don't want the arguments and petty bs to high jack the thread, I can afford either but money is an object to me. The drive shaft issue is a valid concern though not widespread, I do know insider at nautique and it has happened to two boats. Again not widespread but concerning none the least. Very much still comparing but still open to either, I like both boats but want to really think my decision thru, thanks all who are participating
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-26-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Didn't we just lay a thread like this to rest? If the fuel consumption is bothering you then this boat ain't ideal for you. I have wake boarded behind a 08 211 and the G23. Heck if things go according to plan ill be able to give you review on the G25 wakeboard wake after this weekend too. Which engine did you test drive with also? If it was the 409 then it may feel under powered with weight (crazy right?) The 450 is a good match to this beast! I'm surprised you think that the engine is loud, but you coming from the 211 with a 343 the only thing more quiet than that teak is an electric epic wake boat.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-27-2012, 12:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't want any childish arguments, I just want real facts and info.

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-27-2012, 3:55 AM Reply   
Both boats are great in their own right.I could afford either one too.The g23 wasn't available when i bought mine.I went with the best overall value for the dollar.With that being said wake size wasn't the most important thing to me.Both boats make pro level wakes.The G23 makes a bigger wake because of weight and ballast options as well as hull design.I owned a Nautique before my last two Tige's.I prefer the Tige styling over the G23.Looks is a personal preference only you can answer.The Tige will get better fuel economy even with weight.I bought my boat from Chatlee in Sanford NC.I would recommend a bigger lake than theirs for your test ride.Then you can truly see how well it handles in rough water and take a serious wakeboard run.Good Luck with your new boat whichever you choose.As far as reliability i had 560 hours of trouble free use on my Nautique.I had 425 hours of trouble free use on my 2007 tire 22ve and have 250 hours of trouble free use on my 2011 RZ2.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-27-2012, 4:51 AM Reply   
I own a G23 and have never been in the RZ2, so I can only give you details on the G. For me, it's all about the wake. I've ridden behind many a boats with no ballast, stock ballast, extra ballast, extra ballast on top of extra ballast (XStars 2000-2011 model, Epic, SAN 210, SAN 220, SAN 230, LSV, VLX, MXZ, 205V, Sunsetter, X25, the list goes on) and the G23 is by far my favorite - even compared to the G25 (rode that a few weeks ago). Basically, it's like taking an XStar transition at the bottom, setting a SAN 230 lip on the top of the wake, and then adding a couple of feet in between the two.

Here is a picture with just stock ballast and the driver (me). Mine is actually for sale if you're looking to get one that is a few months old and saving yourself about $20k (I will be purchasing another new G23).
Attached Images

Last edited by ironj32; 11-27-2012 at 4:54 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-27-2012, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
... Both boats make pro level wakes. ...The Tige will get better fuel economy even with weight. ...
Couple of questions. (1) What pro events are pulled by an RZ2? (2) While I agree that an RZ2, which is a foot shorter and 1300lbs lighter than a G23, should get better fuel usage than a G23, is there verifiable support for this new marketing strategy that Tige gets much better fuel economy than comparable (size, motor, weight) wakeboats?

I'm just curious.

Robert - I've got to buy my brother a christmas present. PM me your suggestions on a Snapon 1/2 or 3/8 socket wrench. If you can sell me one direct, lmk.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-27-2012, 5:45 AM Reply   
Chattwake,

Boattest.com has show for a number of model years they the Tige TAPS-2, released in 05 as the 2006 22 and 24 Ve, hull has shown better fuel consumption then comparable sized boats. So its not by any means a new marketing strategy. In this particular thread, the OP did comment on the high fuel consumption of the G23. Between these two models, its not some magical hull design that creates that fuel consumption difference. its plan old weight and mass as you pointed out. The RZ2 is smaller and lighter thus it should have better consumption.

We all know that manufactures pay for the opportunity to pull an even, by way of sponsorship dollars toward the event. So checking pro for one model and con for another based on whether it has or is or is going to pull an even it irrelevant IMP.

3/8 ratchet wrench is so much more versatile, especially one with a pivoting head and swivel handle
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-27-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
paging dr mhunter
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-27-2012, 5:58 AM Reply   
Has anyone read this guys posts?? Insider info. Everyone has insider info. He claims 2 shafts have broken, didn't 2 weeks ago we verified that only one had broken, maybe another did. It's a big concern lol...

Mike, the G23 wake is mind blowing... That being said, I would be perfectly happy with the wake of an RZ2, so would 99% of the wakeboarding population... If you aren't riding at an elite level, you might want the smaller Tige. I love the G quality and styling but it is a ship. IF I could afford it, it would be impractical still. If you're concerned about $40k, I'd go with the Tige.
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-27-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
G3's break propshafts and Tige is still makes the 2001 21i with poor interior and it doesnt need ballast.

Seriously, you are not going to find anyone here that can give you an unbiased comparison between the two boats. You're going to get those that say the G3 is best ever and then the Tige Haters who are still stuck on bashing what was made 12 years ago.

My suggestion would be to ask specific questions about each boat on their respective owner forums. Then sea trial both boats and take the dealer into consideration. Both boats are well built quality boats, each producing different wakeboard wakes.
woah woah woah.....we don't give good advice here....STOP IT!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-27-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
I'll echo what IronJ said. Coming from a Malibu... I just went through the whole shop & demo thing.

I did NOT test the Tige - not sure there's even a dealer near me anymore, but I also wasn't particularly interested anyway. I keep hearing they're making great boats now, but the last time I looked at Tige they did not impress me at all so they were not really on my radar to begin with.

I looked at the new Malibus.. after almost 7 years with my LSV with ZERO issues - I had nothing but good impressions of Malibu. That said, the new ones were basically the same as my boat with more bling and gadgets - they generally had not changed the things that I thought they needed to change.

I looked at the Xstar..pretty boat, very well made.. but someone needs to explain to me why you design a hull for 3k+ lbs of ballast and then ship it with 1400. Then you have a big boat with lots of storage - and the first thing you have to do is lose all your storage for ballast bags? Oh, and I didn't like the wake nearly as much as the G for wakeboarding - and REALLY didn't like it for surfing.

The G was, for what I was looking for, head and shoulders above the others. The best wake I've ever hit (stock or otherwise), the best SURF wake I've been on (also completely stock) at the push of a button... handled rough water far better than the Malibu (the Xstar also rode well in rough) and enough storage to smuggle a few families across the lake.

Needless to say - I ordered a G.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-27-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Has anyone read this guys posts?? Insider info. Everyone has insider info. He claims 2 shafts have broken, didn't 2 weeks ago we verified that only one had broken, maybe another did. It's a big concern lol...

Mike, the G23 wake is mind blowing... That being said, I would be perfectly happy with the wake of an RZ2, so would 99% of the wakeboarding population... If you aren't riding at an elite level, you might want the smaller Tige. I love the G quality and styling but it is a ship. IF I could afford it, it would be impractical still. If you're concerned about $40k, I'd go with the Tige.
Yes, the 'broken shaft' thing was debunked.. including a mea culpa from the guy who claimed 'insider info'.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-27-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
I've stated this before: comparing a g23 to a rz2 is completely silly. These 2 boats aren't in the same category. I've climbed all over and heard the salesmans spiel about the rz2. Let me tell you that the rz2 didn't feel at all like a luxury boat. It felt tight and somewhat cheap, not axis cheap but certainly not Nautique or MC nice. Also I think that puny tower on the tige is not nice, seemed low and the tower speakers are gonna make anyone sitting behind driver and back go deaf. Also access to the engine area and v-drive area seemed difficult.

Lastly I'd think the G23 would be a dream boat for almost every wakeboarder out there and many that I ride with have said so, the rz2 on the other hand is not...in fact I don't think it's a boat really on anyone's radar.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-27-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Chattwake,

Boattest.com has show for a number of model years they the Tige TAPS-2, released in 05 as the 2006 22 and 24 Ve, hull has shown better fuel consumption then comparable sized boats.
SHOW ME THE NUMBERS. I posted on the other thread and found that an RZ2 with the pcm 343 gets about 7% better fuel economy than a vlx with the 383 hammered. What about nautique? Boattest.com doesn't have any of their models.

From the guys I ride with, I've heard nothing but good things about the G23's wake, I unfortunately was injured every time I had an opportunity to ride behind it this summer. I believe you would be hard pressed to talk to anyone that doesn't like it.

That being said, put 3k of ballast in an RZ2, some babes an brews and I'd probably be a happy camper too.

Demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo!!!

P.S. Demo
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-27-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
SHOW ME THE NUMBERS. I posted on the other thread and found that an RZ2 with the pcm 343 gets about 7% better fuel economy than a vlx with the 383 hammered. What about nautique? Boattest.com doesn't have any of their models.

Demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo!!!

P.S. Demo
Well, I do not write for Boattest.com, so I can speak to why they do not have any other models. There's a good chance that Boattest.com has not gotten a G3 to test, or if they have tested one, I do not know why they did not monitor the fuel usage. But, as stated earlier there should absolutely be a difference in fuel consumption between these two boat models. It would be like comparing the fuel mileage of a half ton p/up to a dauly
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-27-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Rz2: My ex gf and also my good friend both had rz2s. one 2012 and one 2009 the surf wave was pretty good except the platform cut throught the wave sometimes, and the wakeboard wake was decent. if you want a better tige wakeboat id go for a z3.

G23: i have ridden 4 of them and have yet to have a bad experience. The wakeboard wake is massive! just stock the wake is almost as large as my 2005 xstar with 6000 lbs. with an extra 2000-2500 lbs the g23 wakeboard wake is the hugest wake in the industry by a long shot! the boat is huge inside and out.

both boats are better than your 211, but i would totally go with the G if i had that kind of money
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       11-27-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
We have an RZ2 and it is a great boat. We went the demo route (VLX, X25 and RZ2) and picked the RZ2. We made a pros and cons list of each boat and for us the Tige won. I highly recommend doing this for the G23 and the RZ2. The RZ2 wakeboarding wake isn't going to be on the same level as the G23. Are you an advanced rider? We have the pro ballast option so 2k lbs and everyone in our crew can hit all their tricks behind it. I mean the most anyone has is a toe 9 and it was landed no problem. Guys like IronJay and JB O'Neill throw down and are some of the more advanced wakeboarders on here from what i have seen of their vids. So if you are an upper echelon wakeboarder the G23 is probably the boat for you. If you are a decent to advanced wakeboarder the RZ2 is going to be plenty of boat and you have 40k leftover. Just go demo both and make your pros and cons list and go from there.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-27-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Do you have any video from behind Billy's Z3 Jb?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-27-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
A couple things, you're comparing apples to oranges between these two boats. One is a much lighter 22 ft boat, anf the other is a tank of a 23 ft boat. Better comparison is the Z3. The RZ2 is going to get better gas millage because it's smaller and lighter, but if gas mileage is an issue for you wakeboats aren't for you. None of them get good gas mileage. It's kind of like shopping top end 12 cylinder sports cars and looking for the one that gets better gas mileage. They aren't built to get good gas mileage they are built to go fast, and wakeboats are built to make big wakes.

Demo them both, if you aren't looking for the biggest and best wake, plus tons of luxury then it might not be worth dropping the extra money and the RZ2 may be a good choice. If those things are important then you will pay for them and the G23 is the way to go. They aren't really comparable boats. There is a reason they have such a large price difference, and if you're willing to drop 130k on a boat you shouldn't have to worry about the cost of gas
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-27-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
This is almost a James post. Those boats are different in just about every possible way except that they are both V drives. How did you even end up with those 2 in the same sentence? I just bought a 2013 Tige and if money wasn't mine I'd own the G all day every day. But that is almost a laughable comparison. I love the RZ2 and it may very well be our next boat but it's a different category all together from the G. 30K difference? Where? Mars, Venus. I can buy a pretty well loaded up RZ2 for about 75K and I thought the G23 was in the 120K range. My public school math calls the about 45K. Thats a big difference and really just no way to compare that in my mind. If you somehow get the price out of your mind and go boat to boat the G should win every time. ITS A $45,000 BETTER BOAT!! In it's segment the RZ2 is a strong competitor, against a G it's just not. Like a 9th grader beating up a 1st grader.

The wife and I make good money but I hope I soon get to the day when 45K doesn't matter. Really just not possible to compare if your doing it I suspect your doing it to satisfy the wife before you spend 45K more. If your that rich just buy up the G and be done.

Last edited by boardman74; 11-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
As a tige owner I have had nothing but positive experiences with the boat. They make a high quality product for sure and the fit and finish is right at the heels of nautique. But nautique a are definitely a bit more cleanly cut than anything else on the market I'd say. It depends on what you really want. If you want sex appeal and an all around versatile boat get the tige and pocket the change, the wake won't be G sized but they get big quick, they're just a pain in the butt to get weighted and taps just right for wakeboarding. If you're borderline pro, want the biggest wake from any boat and have that kind of cash get a G, hands down it's the biggest best wake, get that.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-27-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
You need to take a real hard look a the MB F24 Tomcat.
Old     (jimmyd)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-27-2012, 3:01 PM Reply   
I would hold off on the purchase of a G23 or 2013 X-Star for a couple of years. I think these boats are in demand right now just due to the fact that some people must have the newest and greatest thing on the market. I believe they are overpriced and will suffer huge losses in re-sell once the hype dies down. So, in 3-4 years, the value of these boats probably won't be much greater than similar boats on the market.

That being said,

I can't justify the price difference between Mastercraft's X-Star- $140,000+ and Nautique's G23 $130,000+ Vs. a Malibu MXZ, Tige RZ4, or even the Supra SA.

All of these boats are similarly equipped and produce high performance wakes. I'm confident that there is not at $30,000+ difference between them, and they will loose the majority of that inflation on the resell in later years while, on the other hand, the Tiges, malibus, and supras will be more re-sell friendly.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-27-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
Here are a couple shots of Billy Garcia riding behind his Tige Z3. I'm not sure he's quite 9' off the water like James but anyway...

Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
RZ2: cheap interior, hard to pronounce name, not one of the "Big Three," dated graphics, good surf wake, hard to pick up chicks with.

G23: handles as good as a Nimitz-class battleship, and looks like one too. Sick wake, rope storage on tower, drops prop shafts like Michael J. Fox drops change at a parking meter, there are still less than 10 in existence.

Other boats to consider: Bayliner F18, Sea Doo Challenger 180, the Sausagesetter, Mantiwoc Pontoon Boat.

I can easily afford 10 G23's.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-27-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
I think it's pretty easy to pick up chicks in any new wake boat, regardless of brand. Maybe it's not the boat!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-27-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Couple of questions. (1) What pro events are pulled by an RZ2? (2) While I agree that an RZ2, which is a foot shorter and 1300lbs lighter than a G23, should get better fuel usage than a G23, is there verifiable support for this new marketing strategy that Tige gets much better fuel economy than comparable (size, motor, weight) wakeboats?

I'm just curious.

Robert - I've got to buy my brother a christmas present. PM me your suggestions on a Snapon 1/2 or 3/8 socket wrench. If you can sell me one direct, lmk.
Why do you always attack anything i post? Tige MyWAKE global challenge in Orlando Fl with over 35000 in prize money pulled the likes of Rusty Malinoski,Phil Soven,Mike Dowdy,Daniel Powers,Steel Laferty,Aaron Rathy,Amber Wing,Raquel Hoffman,Raimi Merrit,Melissa Marquadt and lots of other pros.You need to ride in a Tige for a day and see how much less fuel you use.Also note how well it handles the rough water even when weighted.It's not a Nautique,but it doesn't cost as much as one either.Maybe you can justify the price difference,but most people can't.I prefer the styling of the Tige also as do many others on here.
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
This is all balderdash, is that Tige's new angle? Fuel consumption? Who cares? The OP can easily afford either boat, I don't think he/she will hang their hats on it'sGPH.

Fact is Tige is an econo-brand. I'd compare a RZ2 to a MB F21 or Moomba. I'm sure it thriiillllls you that Tige is even mentioned in the same breath of the Super Super Air Nautique but c'mon, the dream is over, your bed is a bit damp, and it's time to move on.
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       11-27-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
I think it's pretty easy to pick up chicks in any new wake boat, regardless of brand. Maybe it's not the boat!!

LOL - Simon if you can't pick up chicks in this set-up you are gay!

Last edited by tnvolgrad; 11-27-2012 at 5:33 PM.
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       11-27-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSez View Post
RZ2: cheap interior, hard to pronounce name, not one of the "Big Three," dated graphics, good surf wake, hard to pick up chicks with.

G23: handles as good as a Nimitz-class battleship, and looks like one too. Sick wake, rope storage on tower, drops prop shafts like Michael J. Fox drops change at a parking meter, there are still less than 10 in existence.

Other boats to consider: Bayliner F18, Sea Doo Challenger 180, the Sausagesetter, Mantiwoc Pontoon Boat.

I can easily afford 10 G23's.
Really??? Show me a boat with a more sexier interior.

Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-27-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ So Sick!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
damn girl! normally i dont like only black white but damn
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-27-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
I do love the Tige interior. I like the sea dek in the G23 too!!
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-27-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
I'll be the first to say keep the 211. Without a doubt one of my favorite boats. Classic lines, nice wake, versatile...Nonetheless, like everyone else has been saying, these are two totally different animals. The RZ2 feels considerably larger than a 211 does, and I can hardly imagine the jump to the G from the 211.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-27-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is all balderdash, is that Tige's new angle? Fuel consumption? Who cares? .
Instead of jumping in with a tired out uselass tige bash post, try reading the thread. The OP mentioned the fuel consumption of the G3
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-27-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ahhhhhhhh

I know it's in another thread... But I'm thankful for THIS thread. Without these seemingly biweekly adventures into the realms of senseless boat bashing, without miserable failures to quote "facts" from a website that doesn't even have big 3 test results, without Robert, without mhunter, without hilarious, inappropriate bashing of celebrities with disabilities, without trying to choose a boat for a child that, if he grew up around state college, would have certainly been Sandusky meat, I might start getting depressed that I still have another 4 months before I can get my boat out on the river again.

Thank you, thank you everyone
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-27-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
^Word
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Joshua, that is an awesome setup u have bro, everyone else I know that they r 2 completely different boats and 2 different leagues but it is the two boats I personally like and are considering purchasing, like I said I CAN afford either but still want to make a wise and informed decision. I also don't want to just burn money at the pump and give it to the middle east. But if I decide on g23 I'll just have to deal with the pump attachment to my pocket that comes with it. Something told me there would b a few that would not stick to the plan and want to run there mouth and give smartass opinions. All I really want is true ownership or constructive comments and opinions or suggestions. I know 2 different leagues but I do like both of them. Thanks again all for ur time and discussion
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Instead of jumping in with a tired out uselass tige bash post, try reading the thread. The OP mentioned the fuel consumption of the G3
I just don't get the OP, besides the old star and new star, the G23 is the best boat money can buy. We are talking flagship boat from premier boat maker.

The RZ2 is just one of many generic 21-23' boats that are as mostly forgettable with zombie-like owners soaked in sweat from running 26-mile lame-a-thons and swimming in their own delusions of grandeur.
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
Also I too can easily afford any or all of these boats.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-27-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
mikenc, please do the forum a favor and go freaking test drive a tige. And take your dang board with you this time. Then get on here and post what you thought. Seriously I can't believe you took a g23 out on the lake and didn't ride??? That makes no sense. I took a lunch time set today behind a stars and stripes, water already starting to ice up in the bays and air about 30! Granted it wasn't a long set but still!

I'm starting to think this is another scam thread....
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also I too can easily afford any or all of these boats.
So then what boat do you have Simone?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Lol, I guess people just can't resist insults, maybe I'm not speaking childish enough for some to understand, I will try again, I like both boats for different reasons, debating on purchasing one or the other, simply want opinions in a grown up manner, not one that enjoys drama and brand bashing myself so again I ask for opinions but all can hold the 11 yr old comments if that is all u want to contribute, other then that real facts and honest constructive comments and well thought opinions r what I'm looking for
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-27-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Is SimonSez Troy reincarnated? I though the board might actually get better once him and mhunter were kicked off. Both boats are sick and I am sure you would be happy with either but they are not really that comparable.
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-27-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
So then what boat do you have Simone?
I have a RZ4.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Remember nick 911? Hahahaha perhaps he's back from towing tubes at the lake and is posting under a new account! They see me Rollin...

MIKE! I gave you my honest opinion on the boats based on first hand accounts from a pro rider on the nautique as well as crawling around them, and I tried to give you a relatively unbiased opinion on my experience with boat ownership of tige. Useful information here is at a premium...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have a RZ4.
An rz4 and a bank account the size of 10 G23's!!
And you can't pick up any girls???!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-27-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
So you can afford a G23 and have an RZ4 at the age of 25. Nice. Daddy's money, self made or just a troll?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-27-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Is SimonSez Troy reincarnated? I though the board might actually get better once him and mhunter were kicked off. Both boats are sick and I am sure you would be happy with either but they are not really that comparable.
No doubt it's Troy.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-27-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
Well I'm no expert, nor can I afford 10 g23's, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you shouldn't even consider buying a wakeboat over 50k if fuel consumption is one of your main concerns. Also, it doesn't take a flashy new boat to pick up the chicks or learn the tricks! Me and my crew have been rollin in a 91 dynasty for years and have had zero problems in either department. If money is "really" no concern then any of these self proclaimed "ballers" already know a g23 is the most balleristc wakeboat money can buy! But what do I know, I'm just a country boy from South Georgia who loves to "ballout" just as hard as u guys w my I/O dynasty. Btw I have been in a g23 and rode behind one so I guess I can say the wake was ok.....lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2012, 3:45 AM Reply   
Fuel Economy is a attitude just like function. Some prefer to get a comparable boat that has better fuel consumption[smart] and others prefer to just throw it all away.The guy that saves money on fuel can have more to spend on gear,accessories and "Hot Chicks"! I think both boats are great choices,but only the OP can decide which one is best for his situation.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
Tige's are great boats too, but some recap facts for Nautique in 2012:

Manufacturer of the Year
Innovation of the year (G23)
CSI award (Customer Service)

Things to consider when making this purchase. You said ownership experience was important, not a bad company to go with IMO but demo both and chose the one that fits for you.
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 5:06 AM Reply   
I think the op made it pretty clear....dont worry about his money or what he wants to spend it on, hes asking specific questions. Answer em if you can dont if you can't.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Tige's are great boats too, but some recap facts for Nautique in 2012:

Manufacturer of the Year
Innovation of the year (G23)
CSI award (Customer Service)

Things to consider when making this purchase. You said ownership experience was important, not a bad company to go with IMO but demo both and chose the one that fits for you.
Tige has been the CSI award winner the last 8 years in a row! Also they were the BUZZ brand of the year last year.All this is nice to know,but really isn't the meat and potatos of the decision.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-28-2012, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Fuel Economy is a attitude just like function. Some prefer to get a comparable boat that has better fuel consumption[smart] and others prefer to just throw it all away.The guy that saves money on fuel can have more to spend on gear,accessories and "Hot Chicks"! I think both boats are great choices,but only the OP can decide which one is best for his situation.
I agree fuel economy is a valid comparison but not in this case because a freaking RZ2 isn't in the same league as a G23!!!! How hard is that to understand????
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 5:20 AM Reply   
Yes, exactly, just cuz I can Afford it doesn't mean I like spending it, lol, I love the g23, I love the rz2, for different reasons and I am debating and trying to make the best decision for me. I am trying to gather as much info as possible and no not for my wife, for me, I'm the one blessed with what I have and I alone will make my decision,,, though it will be an informed decision and well thought out and debated, again thanks for ur participation, and simplej thanks for ur first hand account of ur ownership
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
...Some prefer to get a comparable boat that has better fuel consumption[smart]...
yes. fuel economy. comparable boats. so... if it costs $100 normally to fill up, then you could save that 7 dollars or so and go to the local greasy sandwich shop and buy one. 7%.... care to find me some better figures?

And now... the resttttttt of the story. Tige was responsible for sinking lon's x80, as this guy was able to eat a lot of those sandwiches.
Attached Images

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-28-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Hey Mike, instead of continually stirring this pot with every post you make, why don't you respond to the people who have given informed, well thought out posts. You have only been responding to the haters in most of your posts.

Here's my take on it, best quality boat, best quality wake - G23. I would kill for an RZ2, but you yes the G23 wake is bigger and better. Yes the RZ2 will get better fuel economy, its a smaller boat and displaces less water... You don't buy a wake boat for fuel economy and you don't buy an RZ2 because it burns less gas over a G23...

All you're doing is debating how to spend your money right now while stirring the pot... They are truly both great boats and I couldn't find a reason to not buy either if I had the money. I also can't believe you didn't crap your pants at the opportunity to ride behind a G23...
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
Robert T- It's a matter of stating facts so that a buyer can feel comfortable with the company he is potentially buying from. BUZZ brand? What does that even mean? I love how some of you people can still take a shot or try and match a statement when that statement started out "Tige boats are good boats too". In terms of awards, who has more JD power awards? Tige or CC? Don't think it's Tige my friend (Even saying all this I'm not saying Tige is a bad boat at all, never even mentioned it) I honestly don't even care but if you're seriously going to try and match Nautique in terms of awards over time and currently...... You can't. BUZZ brand doesn't compare to Manufacturer or the year at all. We've had CSI awards other than this year, soooo your point in contesting this was?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
Delta hit the nail on the head.
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 5:53 AM Reply   
i can't believe we just brought Lon up in this posting...that's awesome. any opportunity we get to talk about him lets do it! lol
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2012, 6:02 AM Reply   
In my mind, the only advantage that the RZ2 has over the G23 (in terms of what apparently matters to you) is the lower price. The G23 will produce a better wake, produces a steller wakesurf wave (according to my friend who owns a G23), has more room, is more plush, has much more of the "wow" factor, and will come with a better warranty. In addition, coming from a guy who bought and sold 3 SANTE 230's, nautiques tend to hold their value as well as any wakeboat on the market. Tige boats, IMO, will not hold their value quite as well. If you plan on flipping this boat in, say, 2-4 years, resale value should be something to factor in.

Nautique is a universally loved, appreciated and recognized brand. I sold one of my 230's to a guy in Texas, one to a doctor in Maryland, and one to a Coke exec in Atlanta. The only reason I didn't sell any of my 230's locally was because I didn't want to pike one of my dealer's sales. The good thing is that selling a nautique to someone outside of my particular community was super easy.

In certain areas of the country, Tige is a hot brand. However, in many areas, nobody buys them. Let's put it this way. I live about 75 miles from where MC, BU, Supra, Moomba operate their plants. I live in a huge boating community in souteast Tennessee. I did not see a single Tige on the water this season. Not one. Perhaps where you live, Tige has a great dealership and a loyal fan base. If that's the case, then you will probably be able to get good money out of a few year old RZ2. If you don't then I'd look hard at what used RZ2's are selling for nationally (on boattrader, ebay etc.), and compare that price to what you would pay new, in order to gauge depreciation. Because the G23 is a new boat, it's going to be hard to do a similar comparison, but because there are so few G23's on the water, I anticipate the resale value of that particular boat to remain particularly high for a few years to come.

Bluntly, if you opt for the Tige purely due to the lower cost, I'd highly encourage you to consider some other boats that are more comparable to the RZ2 in terms of price and size, such as the SANTE 230, the Malibu 22 MXZ or 23 LSV, the MC X25 or X30, etc. While my post obviously favors the G23, that's purely based on overall performance and quality. It's up to you to decide whether it's worth the extra $40-50k. Personally, while I think the G23 is a sexy boat, and is probably the best wakeboat on the market if you don't factor in price, I'd never buy one. I've owned some top of the line boats, and I ended up buying a "budget" brand wakeboat the last 2 years, because I simply couldn't continue to justify the premium for how I use my boats.

Last edited by chattwake; 11-28-2012 at 6:08 AM.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-28-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
Very well put Chatt
Old     (SimonSez)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
To the OP in summary of the drivel here:

The consensus is that they are two different boats therefore comparison is difficult. Fuel consumption matters to some, not to others. Test drive them both and choose the one you like best.

And as a freebie: WW threads asking for boat comparisons brings out the best in us all.

Congrats on being able to afford a G23 and thanks for not being one on the 47% that take rather than give.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-28-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
willy t, what happened, details please, interested to know, feel terrible for owner of that boat

delta, point taken didn't realize i was only responding to the negative posts, was just wanting to read facts and research, and as far as boarding behind the g23 believe me i wanted to but it was so incredibly cold that day and the water was freezing, i unfortunately have no wet or dry suit and am currently checking into purchasing one to extend my season each year, i could go back the dealer knows i am capable of buying and would relaunch it with no worries, i just really want to make a well informed decision and I am gathering every bit of info I can, I am tight with my money until I really make up my mind what i want is best way I can put it, I wont just buy it cuz its the baddest, i will still look at other options to make sure I am not being impulsive or will regret my decisions

dave, u have it figured out, just looking for facts and real opinions, not bashing so i can feel comfortable with my purchase

chatt, thanks for taking time with that lengthy post, some points were made that i had not thought about, i do love nautique and what i keep trying to get across is just cuz i can afford the g23 doesnt mean it is easy for me to justify, and just curious what boat have you decided to go with now, and is it hard going to that choice from a 230?

for everyone else, i have looked at other boats but cant explain why but these are the two I am most drawn too, i know that they are different completely but I just like both of them and want to gather as much info as possible heading into the home stretch of my decision, thank you all for your time, I am reading everyones posts and appreciating the info
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-28-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
you obviously already know what you want. lol get the G and il come ride with you! il throw in gas and drive straight lines so you dont have to get angry at your wife
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-28-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
willy t, what happened, details please, interested to know, feel terrible for owner of that boat
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780094

read and enjoy. dont feel bad for lon though
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-28-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
I think you really just need to get out and drive them and ride them. If Money is at all a factor the RZ2 is going to win. If it's not the the G will win. From what I am seeing on here and other places I think my 45K number is low. I am guessing the difference is north of 50K. Hard for most of us to not factor that in. I looked at all brands and ended up buying a Tige. Because I felt they were the best value for the money. Now if your looking at the G Value for your dollar isn't a factor so it's just really hard to compare. Some one earlier said something about resale value. They are more than likely off in their thinking that the G is going to be better. Lets say it's the same which is going to make it much worse. As in both will depreciate say 20% in the first 5 years. 20% of 75K is 15K, where 20% of 130K is 26K. But that is only something to think about if you are planning to roll it within a few years which may be the case as you are looking to upgrade a very good 2007 boat now.

Someone posted that unless your a pro level rider the G just doesn't make sense. I think something can be taken from that. I could too have gotten the bank to give me a huge loan to get a G, but I would have cussed the payment and why. I'm an intermediate rider at best and at 38 with a busted up body(medically retired Special ops guy from right there in Fayettenam) thats all I'm going to be. So I bought a cheeper boat that I still love and does more than I will ever need.

I looked at every brand and while the Tige is not a Nautique, the quality is still there and they are solid boats. But they are above other brands I looked at for sure.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-28-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
for everyone else, i have looked at other boats but cant explain why but these are the two I am most drawn too, i know that they are different completely but I just like both of them and want to gather as much info as possible heading into the home stretch of my decision, thank you all for your time, I am reading everyones posts and appreciating the info[/QUOTE]

Buy them both then sell the one you like the least
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Chatt and i both previously owned Nautiques.We both persued different options.Main difference between us? I don't constantly tell people to consider other options before buying a Axis[his current boat of choice].He's not familiar or interested in a Tige?Take it for what it's worth[somebodys opinion].