Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       12-25-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
So I just got some Burton Mission bindings. Just trying them on I can already tell that the toe cap slipping off is going to be a problem. Is there anything i can do to help it stay on?
Old     (craigjones)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-26-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
Have you tried unscrewing the toe cap and moving it down a notch to make it tighter? It might help since it can only be slipping off because it's too loose.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       12-26-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
Well the other problem that i have is that the ratchet sometimes slips which makes it looser
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-31-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
ive never met anyone who doesnt have problems with burton cap straps slipping off. ride has much better cap straps that rarely ever slide out of place
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-01-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Easy solution: Flow Bindings. :-) I absolutely love 'em! I've had the same Flite 3's for 3-4 years and got a set of Burton Customs last year. Hated them. Toe strap broke first day of riding. Flow's are so much faster in and out too. I took 'em back and I'm still rockin' the Flite 3's!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       01-01-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
I've have 3 pairs of burtons I've never had a issue with my toe caps. Just need to adjust them john.
I always get the higher end ones though so I'm not sure aboutthe missions
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       01-01-2010, 10:55 PM Reply   
I just love all the suggestions to buy new bindings they are so helpful. I guess I just need to play with them till they work.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
put your boots in the bindings and work on getting them to fit better together. I have never had issues with my burton toe caps, but have salomon. fit and angle on the boots is prob your best bet. Is it slipping up or down? once mine are cranked they're not moving
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-04-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
if you pull the binding off the board you will see you have two different slots to select for the plastic straps. one closer to the toe, and one behind that. The adjustment changes the angle for the strap.

you can push the plastic strap thru the bottom of binding to change the location. try changing that, it might help. I know this is commmon sense but make sure toe cap is centered on your boot.

I use the rear location. The only time I have problem with the toe cap coming up is in deep powder
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-04-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Try what S Dub said.....

I liked my old P1's better than my Cartels. They never slid off. My Cartels slip up on occasion, but it's easy to reach down and push them back in place then snug them up.

I love my Burton bindigs, though. The comfort is worth the side effects for me.