Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
What tire pressure do you run in your trailer tires? I have Kuhmo 225/55/ ZR16's and they say that the max pressure is 50PSI... Now I know that I do not run the Max pressure in my truck, but there is no where to find the recommended pressure and the dealer was not very sure either... Just curious... I put them at 35PSI for now, but I do have a trip coming up where I will be putting some miles on it... Normally probably less than 3 miles per weekend....
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Max pressure for your truck is when it's fully loaded. On your trailer, it's loaded. If there is no placard on the trailer, then use what it says on the tires. Mine are 50 psi and I put about 46-48 lbs in em.

On my pickup I usually keep the fronts well inflated as the motor weighs them down. Rear is where you can vary depending on load. Empty, you probably don't want max psi in the rear anyway, it will bounce around.
Old    murrayair            07-06-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
I have a single axle trailer and my tires recommend 50psi as well. I fill them to around 45 since I live at a little higher elevation.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Max pressure on my trailer tires is 50 psi and I run them around 45 to 48 psi.

I wouldnt run them far at 35 psi.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
mine are 45 cold. i run at 42 cold.
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-06-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
The closer your weight is to the max tire capacity then the more inportant it is to run the tires at the max recommended cold pressure. If not, then the increase in tire flex from an under inflated tire will likely produce excess heat. In the worst case scenerio it can ultimately cause failure. Generally, it is a good idea to run close to max cold pressure.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-06-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Max shows 50, mine get run at about 45+ like others have said.
And if you have a truck I second staggering the pressures with no load on the back. I have 50 in the front and 35 in the rear (unloaded). Loaded 50 all around.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-06-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
My tires say "Max load at 50 psi" not what the max pressure is. It has been my understanding that you run them at 50psi or whatever it recommends, regardless. I've read that a few places also.