Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (hihowareu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
me and my friends are making a winch and were on a little budget, but its gonna be legit. we just aren't sure what to use for spool walls. we thought about cutting disks, but our axle is and inch and the hole in them in 3/4 (i think it is) and i think itll damage the rope down the line. so what else is cheap and durable option for spool walls?
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-27-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
pizza pans! get some at wall mart for like 6bucks for two of them! (thanks luker)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
"pizza pans! get some at wall mart for like 6bucks for two of them!"

They'll work
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thanks for the love guys ;)

Upload
Old     (hihowareu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
would i still need to use a go kart wheel? i was thinking about doing the hub directly to the material. btw its an 18hp winch:-) should be beast
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-27-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
yes you would still need a 2 peice wheel the pans are not strong enough to hold it!........ well...... maybe they are if you bolted it together.... i welded mine and it burned through it... what do you think luker?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2009, 5:47 AM Reply   
You def need the wheel... the pans aren't strong enough by themselves... I used them on mine so I could get more line on the spool. They have little structural integrity other than to support the line.
Old     (hihowareu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-28-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
oh ok, im going for an 8 or 8.5 spool diamater, so im looking for a strong sidewall because i cant find wheels that will give me that