Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    daveyboy            05-12-2003, 4:17 AM Reply   
I have been all over the net looking for info. I Even stopped in a car audio place close by. I have come to the conclusion that I don't even want to understand why amps/speakers work. I would love to have some recomendations on what Amp/Sub and 4 - 6 1/2's you guys have tried that works. I don't have to have the best or the loudest(the car audio place was at $900 when tey were done with me). Just a good solid system w/o too much boot. Thanks in advance for the input.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       05-12-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
Dave, speakers are personal pref, but for amps - i would get last years MTX 4405 5 channel amp. Good clean 4 channel power stable to 2 ohms, d class sub amp (2 ohm stable too) is also included, this great amp can be had right now new on ebay for about 250.00 with shipping.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
Are you planning to install the stereo yourself or have a shop do it?
Old    daveyboy            05-13-2003, 4:24 AM Reply   
I am giong to install it myself-- I have lots of wiring knowledge just not speaker knowledge. Why?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
Installing yourself can save some money and you can just buy the speakers on ebay. It depends on how much you want to spend. With audio equipment you pretty much get what you pay for. Some of the better speakers will be MB Quartz, Focal, or Crystals. Of course you can never go wrong with Infinity or Polk Audio. A five channel amp would probably be the easiest to install for your application. But you might get more power if you buy a seperate amp for the 6 1/2's and the sub. MTX, Rockford Fosgate, JBL is fine if your not an audiophile. If you really want to step up to clarity look at PPI, Phoenix Gold, Macintosh, Memphis. For your sub to be heard at all when your driving then you are going to at least need 500 watts. Look at 12" woofers. JL Audio and Kicker are the brands of choice.

Either way a new system from the ground up is not going to be cheap. Don't forget the wiring. If you buy cheap cables you might as well buy cheap equipment.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-13-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
I like the pioneer rev series but john strain has me hooked on crystal now.

elemental subs are the way to fly.
Old    jmalone80            05-13-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
hey dave, ive got a jl 500/1 sitting in my garage. if you want it shoot me an email.
Old    daveyboy            05-13-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
Are these any good?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3023874293&category=18 803
AND
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3023878057&category=18 799
AND
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3024310722&category=39 744
Am I on the right track?