Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            06-01-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
We wanted a single site where we could post all of the happenings with the NorCal INT League wakesurfing series. It's just the home page at this point, but it will provide a quick location for participants and interested parties, alike to find standings, news and pictures of themselves. :-) Thanks to Sean of Entrust for his skills, dedication and the creativity behind the site.

http://wakesurfseries.com/
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Jeff,

The site looks great. We need to see Sean come down a surf it up at the next comp.
Old    surfdad            06-05-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Sean, you hear that? The man is calling you out! :-)
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
I heard Sean wasn't very good any ways
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
oh man, don't make me come down there and show you guys how to hang 5 :-)
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
i don't think i'm good enough for a contest yet but i'm working on it :-)
Old    surfdad            06-06-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Sean, this really is a common concern with folks, but it isn't what these are about. Let's take Jerry Price for a moment. He is probably the undisputed grandfather of wakesurfing, the owner of Shred Stixx, the oldest wakesurfing manufacturer in the market AND Jerry is a long time ocean surfer. At the contest, he rode pretty well, but lost the wake on a hard top turn...he then spent the last part of his run paddling like the dickens! :-) Paddling is cool, but it isn't riding, perse. :-)

A more important aspect of these contests is that you have access to the guru's. You've talked about feeling like you didn't weigh enough in other threads, you could buttonhole Jerry and ask him what might help you with board choices.

We've also got "loaner" boards from a ton of manufacturers, Shred Stixx, Inland Surfer, the Walker Project, Calibrated and I'm sure if the folks from Xtreme Board company can make it up, they'd let you borrow one of theirs. Word on the street is that Walzer Boards will be showing up with the new boards.

Lastly and I think most importantly is that this is just a great group of people. The folks from the NorCal INT League are warm and welcoming and those of us from the AWSA are the best! :-)

We also recognized that there would more than likely be a broad mix of folks, so we decided that rather than give the prize boards, the killer 2nsane board racks, and your generously donated clothing, to the winners of a division, we would draw names. So that way, everyone
has an equal chance of walking away with a prize.
It's just a great time overall. If you can find a way to make it down, we'd love to have you. And the same for everyone else thinking the same thing. The winning is in attending (is that too corny? :-) )
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
i would love to come down :-) but my summer is pretty much booked already :-( so maybe you will have to come up here and setup a surf contest here :-)