Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (mjones)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
Looking for a pull in central Colorado. Live in central rockies in Edwards, Colorado. I have no problem driving a few hours to get to water. Have owned a nice wakeboard boat in the past and use to ride a ton when i lived on the East Coast. Now i get out about 5 times a year unfortunatly. Will supply beers and gas, can drive WELL and can still hold my own on a wakeboard or wakesurf. Please give me a buzz if you have an extra spot.
Thanks, Matt 704-564-7744
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
After I had this typed out inviting you to the lake we ride I did a quick mapquest and saw it was much further away than I expeceted. Still, if you are ever interested in making the drive to Navajo Lake for weekend trips we are always looking for riders. We almost always find good water especially now that school is starting back up. Navajo is in the 4 courners area near Durango, CO.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-10-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
I'm another guy from the Durango area if you are ever out this way.

Scott, you gonna be out there this weekend?
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Seth, we will not be there this weekend, but we will be there the following weekend if you guys are around.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Hey Durango guys,

I'm gonna be in the area in a couple weeks for work and I am on stand by all day so I don't have anything to do! Haha do you guys ride at all during the week?
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hey Victor, only the weekends for me. If you are there on the 18th or 19th I would be more than happy to give you a pull. Scott.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-10-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
I'm mainly a weekend warrior too. Every once in a while I used to get out during the week, but I've yet to be able to this season. Being busy with work messes everything up!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
What's the water level like on those lakes? Down here on the front range everything is empty.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-15-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Navajo is 46.6% of full capacity/42 feet low
McPhee is64.4% of full capacity/35 feet low

Still plenty of room to play.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
Navajo is 46.6% of full capacity/42 feet low
McPhee is64.4% of full capacity/35 feet low

Still plenty of room to play.
If I'm driving that far, I'm going to Powell! I was interested in Wolford/Green Mountain.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-15-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey Seth,

What is McPhee like? Would it be worth it to tow from Navajo and back just for a just a day? Are you going to be at Navajo at all this weekend?
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-15-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
If I'm driving that far, I'm going to Powell! I was interested in Wolford/Green Mountain.
Oh, I thought you were asking about the lakes in SW Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
Hey Seth,

What is McPhee like? Would it be worth it to tow from Navajo and back just for a just a day? Are you going to be at Navajo at all this weekend?
McPhee is a lot like Navajo, but on a slightly smaller scale. It isn't nearly as busy as Navajo. The ramp is four lane, with two docks....no marina though. Water temps are a little lower at McPhee because the run off that feeds the reservoir is closer to the mountains.
To answer your question, I don't think it would be worth it for you to tow for just a day. From Navajo, it would probably be close to 2 hrs for you. If you ever decide to give it a shot, I'd plan on making a weekend out of it.
I'm gonna try to get out to Navajo on Saturday. There is a poker run going on McPhee I think. I'm not too interested in that, but I think a bunch of my buddies are going to go there for it, hopefully they don't persuade me!