Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-26-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
I've been wakeboarding for 10 years, just bought a beautiful new BSide/Webb setup...used it once and then got a concussion. Unfortunately, this is #8 for me (3rd wakeboarding)...and the better part of wisdom says time to scale back the adrenaline hunt as I near 40. I want my daughter to grow up on the water, so wakesurfing or skiing seems the logical progression, and I have a Moomba Mobius LSV... not an ideal ski boat. I know it won't be the best wakesurf wake, but I figure I can get it up to 'go out and have a blast' standards, as that is where its at for wakeboarding as well.

I'm hoping that all I really need is a board, as all the other gear I already have for wakeboarding. Can someone give me feedback on the following Triple X boards, both value and quality. I'd like to not get entry level gear so I can grow into it, but am not sure about sinking the $$$ for the Inland Surfer or Soulcraft I've seen people using. Any and all feedback appreciated. Thanks. For reference, users of the board will vary from 130-180 pounds.

http://ultimatesportsonline.com/osc/...fers-c-84.html

P.S. If anyone has a comparable value ($750+) wakesurf board or board+rack or board+cash,, I'd love to trade my 2012 Hyperlite BSide 140/System bindings Large/Webb boots size 10. Only used once, can't tell they are not new. Still have boxes, warranty cards, etc.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-27-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Loren, welcome to the slowed down, body aching, friendly world of wakesurfing! The falling speed of this game will keep ya on the water for years to come. It can still come with the frustration of not learning a new trick but boy the pain is not the same.
I have not had the pleasure of riding behind any Moomba boats so sorry I don't have any help for ya there. I want to try all the boats.
As far as Tripple X goes, I think they are a pretty good board. I really enjoy the quality of all their boards. I have used the slayer, nitro, and composite pro skim. They are all worth the money over the production type boards I have ridden. I think you can use any of their boards and enjoy what they have to offer for quite some time and not feel that they are holding ya back.
Welcome to the sport and let everyone know how the boat works out and what boards ya end up with. Careful, it is addicting!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I've been watching some videos, and it looks like wakeboarding and snowboarding did to me in the beginning...easy to get the basics, hard to master. I like my sports that way...you can be mediocre and still have fun...and push it to the next step if you are so inclined and/or addicted For those out there who started wakeboarding...did you have to reprop to get the most out of your boat and/or save your transmission?
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
I have two Triple X boards and love them. They are inexpensive, well made, and will easily let you progress.

I also used to have a Moomba LSV (2004), but could not get a decent wave on the regular side. On the goofy side, the wave was big but kinda short. I did not have to re-prop, but in retrospect, that might have helped some.

HTH