Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
Can anyone recommend a wakeboard summer camp in San Diego? I found WCR Wakeboard School and SoCal Wakeboard Instruction on the internet, but no opinions on the companies. This would be for a 6 and 8 year old. Thanks!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
I highly recommend:
http://www.carlsbadlagoon.com/

-Steve
Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Steve- got on their site and they don't have anything posted for this summer and mention a change in ownership. Did you have personal dealings with the old or new owners?
Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-26-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
Thanks Kenny- I used to ski in Mission Bay (a relly long time ago!) How is the water as far as pollution goes these days?
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-27-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
I've been to both Mission Bay and Carlsbad,Mission Bay is really rough and pretty dirty, Carlsbad is usually not as rough, the instructors at both are pretty cool. I don't know if Carlsbad has long term camps or just lessons, I usually just rent a boat driver for 2 hours with some buddies.
Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
Has anyone taken lessons with So Cal Wakeboard Instruction? They mention a private lake in Canyon Lake near Temecula. They are expensive, but mention that only 4 people per boat and 2 instructors are the reason for the expense.
Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Hi Anthony-

I e-mailed Carlsbad, but they don't concentrate on wakeboarding. Only one day for the camp and other days are oceanography, tubing, etc. Otherwise that location would be preferable :-)
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
yeah that's what I figured. I don't know anywhere else in Socal or else I would go more often
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
So Cal Wakeboard is great. I have only done the hour lesson not the day camp.
Old     (mickyd)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-07-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
Well- I've decided on SoCal Wakeboard based on all your input and speaking with Brett. Will update after! Thank you all for the great information!! Really looking forward to it
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       05-07-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Brent and the whole crew are great. You will have a great time. You'll be riding in the backwater which can't be beat. Maybe we'll see you out there.

Danny
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
What about wakeboardsandiego.com ?