Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       04-06-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
they are blowing out the 07 centurions and the local dealer stopped selling them so they are blowing out and have dropped about 10k each

so my question is what one....???? I have a cyclone c4 i am happy with but it is a little short so i thought i would take this chance to upgrade.

now the list
all 07

avalance
typhoon c4
enzo 230
lightning c4

what you all think?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-06-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
decisions, decisions, decisions.

I think the enzo.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
I would say the Typhoon or the Enzo
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       04-06-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
i herd the enzo 230 has a sick surf wave...but the typhoon is 23'beams are simaler, but the avalance has got that deep hull...dexisions for sure!!
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I've owned a 2004 Avalanche and currently have a 2007 Typhoon. Both are great boats. The Avalanche turns a little quicker than the Typhoon. But the extra foot in length is great. The Enzo from what I've heard puts out a great surf wake. I personally don't like the look of the rear of the Enzo. My personal recomendation is to step up to the 23' Typhoon or Enzo. Then you won't have to upgrade again.

Joe
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-06-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
What are your interests? What do you want in a wakeboard wake, steep or rampy?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
If you like your Cyclone then you'll probably be very familiar with the Lightning (21 feet 93 inch beam), the Avalanche (22 feet 100 inch beam) and the Typhoon (23 feet 100 inch beam stepped hull) All three of these boats share a very similar hull design along with the Cyclone and they all have some pretty steep abrupt wakes which is what I have grown to love. The Enzo230 (23 feet 102 beam) still has the deep V design but it has a very different wake though, wide and somewhat mellow. The surf wake is unmatched other than the larger 240. Good luck, it sounds like a great time for you to upgrade and a good time to take a ride in some new Centurions. Let us know how it goes and if you pull the trigger on one let's see the pics.
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       04-07-2008, 12:35 AM Reply   
as far as steep or rampy...??? well what i feel i don't get out of my cyclone is the hang time. i got some basic inverts down but i want to nail my spins this season. i just feel i have no hang time, wake to wake no problem. my buddy's has got a 03 air warrior and i love wake but its got the last hull, the new deep v is great. maybe i just havn't dialed it in with my ballast yet.

what i really love is the wakeboarding then surf between sessions. so i think the enzo is out.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2008, 6:15 AM Reply   
Any way you can get a demo behind The Typhoon and the Enzo? Reading what the wake is like and experiencing it are 2 different things
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-07-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
a buddy of mine has an 05 Avey....no need to add to the factory ballast...nice middle of the road wake, not super steep, but not super mellow... great for surfing too... we have had a chest high wave...
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-07-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Get a switchblade if you want to tweak the wake for boarding. Don't have to have much if any ballast. Full stock ballast and the blade is huge. I have an Avy.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-07-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Do you know what kind of options the boats have? The c4 lightning, c4 typhoon and avalanche are really nice, well-made boats and are pretty comparable. If they're just blowing out the ones they have on site you may want to see if the options on them are very different. Engine size, tower, speakers etc.. might just sway you one way or another, depending on what you want, if you're undecided. And since no one has really commented on the c4 lightning I'll just mention that mine's been great, no problems, handles chop really well and throws a great wake. You'll definitely be happy with any of these boats, good luck with your choice!
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       04-13-2008, 12:19 AM Reply   
07 avalanch storm series for 47k, no hours brand new you all think thats a good deal with the current market?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
Well like all things the devil is in the details.
What storm option there are 4 varying greatly in price. what other options? Is that out the door taxes fess etc
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       04-14-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
you know i am not sure but it has all the option like sideswipe, perfect pass, 3 ballast tanks, heater, trailer....and as far as tax goes i love oregon that is what they want to leave the lot. this place stoped selling centurions so they are blowing out the 07 for thier "listing price"
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
With those options. I would say it is a great deal. The more options that it has on top of what you listed the better the deal!
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
^^^ Agreed. Sounds like a really good deal.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Did you see the Red Typhoon on eBay? Looks killer