Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    newguy84            10-17-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Hey all, (06/07 Sanger V215 Wake 2 vs Elite C4 Centurion Air Warrior
Need some help choosing my first boat. I have test driven both boats and cannot decide. They are both comprable in price. The primary activity I want to do is wake surf. I am an ocean style surfer and surf most days in Santa Cruz, CA. Can you give me reasons why one is better than the other. Also what will i need in addition to the stock accessories that come with the boat. Please do not get upset I also posted this in Wakesurfing. I just would like some further advice.
Thanks for the help,
Brian
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-17-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
if you primarily want to surf, you will be much better off w/ an avy or enzo a couple years old -- the surf wake is so much better than the air warrior.. i have never been in a sanger so i cannot comment on it... good luck w/ your choice...
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sanger build quality is top notch and will last you, IMO, longer than a Centurion will. The Centurion is all about style, etc... while the Sanger is plane jane and all about being built like a tank. You will have un-equaled support from Sanger in CA too, they are family owned, and always go the extra mile when it comes to customers.
Old    DRA            10-17-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I tend to disagree with Showtime on the wake for surfing, The 215 wake is more than respectable when loaded down. Super height and a great curl. You just cant go wrong with a Sanger bottom line. Centurion head to head does not match up with a Sanger.
Old    walt            10-17-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
I bought a Sanger because of the wake. IMHO the Sangers are one of the better values out there.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
You probably already know this but the boats are built differently
Sanger uses fiberglass encapsulated lifetime warranty wood that is not supposed to rot.

Centurion
Builds an all fiberglass boat that they call ICS construction.
The boat is built in 3 parts the hull the stringers and the deck, sidewalls, floor these 3 pieces are bonded together then filled with foam

IMHO Centurion has the superior surf wake but Either boat is an excellent choice.
Old    walt            10-17-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
I've surfed behind a V215 and the surf wake was very respectable but not the best out there IMO. The best surf wakes that I've rode were The Malibu and Mb B-52 in that order.

If I was looking for a surf wake I don't think either of these boats would be my first choice but for wakeboarding my pick would be the Sanger hands down.
Old    walt            10-17-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
I know this won't help with your decision but here is a shot I took of a Malibu surf wake.

The pic really doesn't to it justice but it still looks BIG.

I might have a 215 surf shot? If I do I'll post a pic for you.

Upload
Old    mendo247            10-17-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Jason had the wake dialed that day! lol when you were in the trough you had to stand up tall to see over it
Old    walt            10-17-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   

quote:

while the Sanger is plane jane

I would agree with that statement with the older Sangers like mine (2000) but they are much nicer now as far as the interior.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
Walt for refrence what malibu and how was it weighed

This is a 2005 Cyclone one fat sac on the side of the engine and 4 people
Upload
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
Clubmyke's SV-211 has the most impressive surf wake I have ever seen.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6704&post days=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
This is an Centurion Enzo wake I snatched off of
inlandsurfer

Upload

I have no idea how it was weighted

You can se a bunch of Centurion wake shots at
http://www.inlandsurfer.com/album.asp?page=1
Old    walt            10-17-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Kevin,

I believe it's a 05 or 06 VLX. I'm not sure how much weight but I know he had at least one additional sack plus stock ballast.

Red Sovine,
That wake looks SICK too !
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
One more Enzo I am sure it has just a little weight but I have no idea how much

Upload
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-17-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
DAMN Mike. That surf wake is HUGE! Very nice.
Old     (sanger4life)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-17-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
I bought an 06 215 and I love it. 1 bad boat, go with the sanger!
Old     (06aw)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
I have a Elite C4 and I have been very pleased with it. It has a great surf wake. 450 in the ski locker and 250 center.As for as quality I have no complaints
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Upload
This is an Avalance wake. The Elite C-4 will be very close, just a little smaller. The hulls are the same. The Elite C-4 is just a little more narrow. This is not weighted as much when the adults ride. My son is 8 and is right at 5' tall. He was just learning at the first of the summer.