Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (matt77)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
Hey all,
My family just found a 2005 Sky Supreme V232 for sale for $30,000. It only has 70 hours on it, and has an upgraded tower with upgraded board racks. It also comes with almost every option avaliable. I haven't heard much about the company. Does this sound like a good deal, and is there anything about Sky Supreme that i should know about??
Old     (matt77)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Is it a well designed boat?? Do they have a good reputation?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-19-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
uggg....i would steer away but i am not going to bash them

email me if you need/want more info, i am lazy right now

do you have a dealer near you?
Old     (matt77)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
hmmm i see..is there anything specificly wrong with them??
no, the boat is located in California, and we live in Alberta, Canada.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
Hey Matt.... if you want a Supreme... Go see Wayne at Gilligan's Boats in Airdrie. But whatever you do... stay away from the V230 and the V232... they are the same hull.. just different deck... but horrible wake!!! No matter what you do... you cannot get a good wake out of that hull.... Stay with the V220 or V208 or the new V212..

Wayne will hook you up with a new or almost new Supreme for close to that price you are considering with a lot less hassle than importing the boat.

If you have any questions... I have a V220... still on the water... I go all year around... if you want to go for a ride... drop me a line!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-20-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey Matt - DONT GET THE V230-232!!!! Wake is horrible! I have an 06 V220 - SOLID!
I have nothing but great things to say about my Supreme and The company as well. My crew has a 06 Enzo, 06 B52, 03 Star, 02 Air Warrior(Elite V), 06 Sanger, 06 VLX and my Supreme ranks in the top three for Wake and performance - agreed upon all the crew! All things aside, its important to check as many dealers as possible and test ride/drive as many as well, then make your decision. Also, one of the most important factors is that your dealer is relatively close bye, and has a good reputation! You will find that you will be in contact with them pretty frequently.
Good Luck.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-20-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Our Supreme was an awesome boat and the wake was really good. I loved that boat, we put almost 900 hours on it in 5 years and had no major mechanical issues with it at all. We have a great local dealership as well and I agree its important (or atleast a reliable local boat mechanic!)

There is nothing wrong with them, they are just a smaller company, so not too many people know about them.

(Message edited by parkgirl on October 20, 2006)
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       10-20-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
I have a V208 and love it. My friend has a V220 and it is a great boat also.
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
I would have to disagree about the v230. We used one for a demo last year & loved it. It had a ton of storage & a great ride. We did not use it for wakeboard specific. We foot, jump & board. The only thing that could use a little improvement was the power. We had the Merc Mag 315 MPI.
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
I would have to disagree about the v230. We used one for a demo last year & loved it. It had a ton of storage & a great ride. We did not use it for wakeboard specific. We foot, jump & board. The only thing that could use a little improvement was the power. We had the Merc Mag 315 MPI.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Don't mean to be so harsh on the V230 or V232... but honestly... no matter how much weight you put in it.. or placement... the wake is a poor wake... it is just like a mound of mush.

Where as the V208 and V220... nice shape with no weight... as you add weight.. doesnt change shape.. just gets bigger...
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Kyle,
I hear ya on the wakeboard wake. But it is a great all around boat. We had a B-52 as our demo this year & it had a much better wakeboard wake as well as all around performance. The B-52 would run circles around the v230 or the v208 for that matter but did not have the room of the v230. As far as i'm concerned, if it floats & runs it's a good boat.