Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Whats the difference between the factory MC trailer or the "after market" one. I was told the aftermarket one is better, but the Mastercraft one is more expensive...Scratches head...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Are you referring to a sport boat trailer? I think they are one of the nicest trailers around. Cope and McPhetres used them on their mastercrafts. They have diamond plate fenders, torsion suspension, disc brakes, prop guard rollers, etc... They tow amazing as well. I don't know how the mastercraft trailers tow but in my opinion are fugly. I also don't like the fiberglass fenders. Have fun fixing or replacing the fender if you break it. Plus fiberglass scratches, diamond plate doesn't.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
yup thats the ones i am talking about, i currently have the MC trailer, but looking at a new boat and the guy said it was the sport trailer. Just wasnt to sure if he was b.s'ing me
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
I use to tow them all the time. Even with a 5000# X-45 it towed great behind my Expedition. The brakes work so good that it would actually slow down my truck. They track really well and takes bumps great. The only downfall I can think of it that the bunks are wood(I think) and the side wheel carpeted things are wood as well. I don't think that is a big deal because even if you have to replace them it isn't a bunch of money.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
brett, fugly?! hey now!!! ;)

i'm sure the sportboat's are nice, but imo, like the looks of the mc's trailers better. especially the da.

and isn't the only reason cope's didn't use mc trailers is because it cost them more to get them here to the PNW?

not debating which is better, just sayin' :-)

(Message edited by brucemac on June 12, 2008)

(Message edited by brucemac on June 12, 2008)
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Whats the TA?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
sorry, edited, DA i meant and dual axle
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
Bruce, your trailer looks good though.

Fugly may have been to harsh. I think that the sportboats look like they sit a little more low profile.

(Message edited by polarbill on June 12, 2008)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
lol. i don't care. okay a little.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-12-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
I think the MC trailers are the nicest most functional trailers i've ever seen. There are so many little things on the MC trailers that i think set them apart from the rest. I for one love the fiberglass fenders, They don't rust, like the metal ones with diamond plate. The only reason why a dealer would try to sell you on a different trailer is because it's saving them money.

(Message edited by ldr on June 12, 2008)
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Love the MC trailer. Mine also slows my truck down when I put on the brakes. Love the mono color (same color as boat) and understated design. The windows on the bearings so you can check at a glance for oil in them is a user friendly option. The wheels are stylish too. No complaints.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
No complaints with ours......best trailer we've owned.
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
I have a Sport Boat trailer for my Centurion Enzo. I have only had if for a year and I found out that the axels were bent and caused the inside of my tires to wear out after only about 1400 miles. There is question if the boat weighed too much for the axels or if the axels were bent from the factory -although this trailer was designed for this boat for what it is worth. Either case, a one year old trailer that had bent axels (no I have never hit anything to bend them myself) which now is costing me the price of 4 new tires really makes me upset. The Sport Boat trailer was an Upgrade over the standard trailer and I bet I wouldn't have had to put 4 new tires on the standard trailer. I have also had to replace the wheel-jack because it was too weak and was becoming unsafe to use. This trailer has always been stored in my garage.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2008, 1:49 AM Reply   
errrr-

microwave popcorn yeah!!!
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
check my profile for a phoniex trailer. It was $1000 cheaper than the mc and it is aluminum/galvinized. I have only had it this summer so not much to say just yet. I just towed it 300 miles today.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
I think both trailer are great. The new sportboats look sweet with all led lights and the diamond plate everywhere.
The nice thing about MC trailers is they come matched and load/unload perfectly. I have seen SB trailers incorrectly bunked.