Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
OK so I got a $20 credit at Overtons and another 10% off coupon to use and I a shopping for an extra Ballast bag to put in my 03 Launch 22 SS direct drive. I see this bag which will fit nicely in my rear trunk:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Fly_High_Pro_X_Series_Fat_Sacs_T ube_Sac_ea_10_x_16_x_62_370_lbs&r=view&i=11447&aID =

Now for the Pump, Overtons list two types one for $70 by Launch Pad. which is supposedly a universal fit to all bag systems

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=12330&pdesc=Launch_Pad_Uber_P ump

and Overtons list the following Fly High pump for $100

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=11452&pdesc=Fly_High_Pro_X_Ts unami_Pump_System

What kind of experience have you folks had with this two types of pumps. How long does it take to fill a 400# bag with the one you have? Is the one that is $30 more really perform that much better?

Also, I am thinking after I get the 400# fly high bag, I may go ahead, add, and put the on the floor between the rear seat and center dog house the following bag by Launch Pad 540#

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Launch_Pad_540_lb_Bag&r=view&i=1 2840&aID=

If I do that then I need a pump that will do both the fly high bag and the launch pad bag. It appears from the catalog that the Launch Pad pump ($70) will connect on both brands, but I am unclear if the Fly High pump ($100) would connect on the Launch pad bag #540. Does anybody know for sure on this?
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
I have the uber pump, i bought it 2 days ago. I paid $40 from a local sporting goods store.

And yes it fits all bags, it comes with the attachment for the waterbed style fittings.

$70!? Thats crazy. It works good though, pretty fast. Lots of cord/tube.

(Message edited by ethan31 on June 30, 2007)
Old     (soonerwake85)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
go with the tsunami all the way. just look at the gallons pumped per hour and you will be able to compare. ive got two tsunami's on baord my boat to fill the extra non stock sacks, fills a 450# in about 5 mins
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-30-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Love the fly high Tsunami pump, nothing else comes close to performance IMO.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Tsunami is nice, but with fly-high fittings, you won't tell that much of a difference between a 1200gph and 1000gph...at least I didn't...
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
OK so ya'll like the Tsunami, question though will it connect to the Launch pad 540# bag fittings or is that an extra thing I would have to get?
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, does anyone have any experience with these two bags I got listed. any issues?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
we had just bought an uber 2 weeks ago and it burnt up in its first pumping session thats my expierence. the tsunami will work with all your sacs. i personally have the skylon 2000 gph pump but thats because thats all we found in redding when we were up at shasta. i would get the bigger x series sac instead of the launch pad we have gone through a couple sets of them and the x series are that much nicer
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Ive used all the pumps, get the tsunami, its incredibly quick, and super easy to use, and their locking system is awesome!!!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Another no vote for the Uber Pump. The universal fitting piece is a pain in the rear. I've had one crack and I'm pretty sure my second is cracked now too. :P