Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-17-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Leaving for Parker now, anyone going to be out there over the next week?
Old     (BKinSoCal)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-20-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
I get down there Friday night, Aug 24 and will be out until Tuesday, Sept 4th. I have a place at Echo Lodge. Blue Nautique 230. PM me if you're going to be down during that time.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
I will be out there staying in the Keys 8/30 to 9/4. We will have 2, maybe 3 boats out there.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-20-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I'm usually there every other week. White, black, and silver '09 xstar. House on the Cali side up and across the river from badenochs.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-21-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
Tommy, are you about half way between Badenochs and the Keys? Are you guys on the water? If so, I'll look for you when we are out next weekend.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
I'll be out there for Labor Day weekend. Getting in Thursday the 30th and leading out Monday the 3rd. Probably getting up early Friday to ride. My pop has an older white/black Prostar 205 with a pole that I put about 2k of sacs in. Rest of the trip is for the dove hunting but we may be floating the river after hunting through the weekend. Our place is on the AZ side right at the rock island above River Island. Hope to see you guys out there.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-21-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
Yeah, im on the water on the ca side just up from badenochs... If im there my xstar is in the water in front of my house.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Will look for you when we drive by. We'll be in an all white 08 210 and all red 04 210. I don't think I'll have my boat out, but just in case, it is a red/black 06 VLX.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-22-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
I have a bunch of friends coming up and staying at echo. Probably be over there a little bit. We had a good thunder storm last night, but other than weather has beengood. If you cruise the keys, 2010 white vlx with black trim

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 08-22-2012 at 2:37 PM.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Which canal/street are you Dave? We are renting a big house on one of the corner lots on the 3rd canal (Papago Loop).
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-22-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Maybe sometime in late September or early October we could put together a few days where all the guys that go out to Parker from wakeworld could meet up out there. That's the prime riding season, the weather is great and all the fast boats have went back to there winter caves to hibernate (thank god). I've been talking to my boy Nick Heaney about making a trip and was gonna see if Steve Hahn wanted to come out and ride/shoot. Could be fun. I basically grew up on that stretch of river. My parents bought the house when I was in the 6th grade and I've spent the majority of my free time there ever since. The river has changed alot. It's gone from a skiers paradise where u could slalom ski all day on glass in the early 90's, to a party zone filled with 40' boats driven by coked out idiots more recently. I think it would be fun to put a trip together when the place is empty and have a bunch of guys who legitimately love wakeboarding tear it up! I will keep u guys posted.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-22-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
JT, our place is on Yaqui Loop

We're on the third canal. If its the big white house, it's on the corner of our canal, but a different street to get to it. That place is awesome!

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 08-22-2012 at 8:31 PM.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-22-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
By the way, there have been some theft here in the keys, I just had my iPod and thumb drive stolen out of the boat two nights ago. I had wakeboards out, paddle boards on the dock, and nothin else was taken. Time to add to the security system, installing motion sensors and cameras on the dock. Never had an issue in 20 years until now. Boat was docked where it was in the picture. Sad it has to come to that, just take your wallets and portable electronics in.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-23-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Dave, I noticed you live in Yorba Linda. I live in South OC and store my boat in Corona. If you are ever down for a weekend pull locally at Elsinore, I ride with a fairly small crew nearly every Sunday morning in the channel. The one we have been renting is 8737 Papago.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-23-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Tommy, I've taken pulls from Nick Heaney. In fact, my wife and I went out with him several times last summer. He's a very motivating guy and I enjoyed my sessions with him. If I lived closer to Marine Stadium I would definitely bite the bullet and get a salt water ready boat because that place is just so damn convenient.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-24-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
JT, we usually try to do Sundays as well, early, since we don't ride the channel. I'll send you a PM with my number and do this. I'm far from the greatest rider anymore, but I still try getting out there. We used to do marine stadium all the time when I lived on 2nd st. Especially mid week after work. Was awesome. A
Haven't done salt in the current boat, it does more of a number on the trailer.
Old    jblinzler            08-24-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
hey guys I normally get out to parker a couple times during the summer. stay at a friends house in the keys. however the boat is by no means a wake board nor can i get anyone up to ride after the long nights. Also being im from Downey any time you guys need thirds for marine stadium or Elsinore please dont hesitate to get in touch with me.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
Dave, I'll be out at Elsinore this Sunday in the channel. We launch from the West Marina RV Park. Do you use that same ramp? Here is what my boat/truck look like.
Attached Images

Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-24-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranner View Post
Tommy, I've taken pulls from Nick Heaney. In fact, my wife and I went out with him several times last summer. He's a very motivating guy and I enjoyed my sessions with him. If I lived closer to Marine Stadium I would definitely bite the bullet and get a salt water ready boat because that place is just so damn convenient.
He's become a very good friend of mine over the past 3-4 years. Riding with him has really forced me to improve. I like riding at marine stadium, but that damn salt water just eats everything (bindings, vests, BOATS!)... But it is very convenient.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
He's become a very good friend of mine over the past 3-4 years. Riding with him has really forced me to improve. I like riding at marine stadium, but that damn salt water just eats everything (bindings, vests, BOATS!)... But it is very convenient.
I like Nick, I think he's funny. I think I went out on his boat 3 or 4 times last summer and just those few times the salt (even after rinsing the gear off each time) managed to eat up the small screws that held the metal plate of my Company pro bindings together.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-24-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
Marine stadium is awesome, just a lot of clean up work. Removing bindings, fins, washing with salt away. A lot of clean up on the boat too, but my trailer got eaten up easy before my old boat. Spraying wd40 on engine and parts, salt away again for cleansing and flush. Never had boat issues. Cant make Sunday as I will be on the road heading home from parker, but after the holiday would be great.
Old     (jonsie4765)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2012, 1:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinSoCal View Post
I get down there Friday night, Aug 24 and will be out until Tuesday, Sept 4th. I have a place at Echo Lodge. Blue Nautique 230. PM me if you're going to be down during that time.
I'll be there Fri. 8/31..staying at the keys too!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-31-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
The river sure has been glassy this morning!
Old     (Masterblast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-13-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Hey guys i search somtimes on this wake site for parker friends to hang or same interest.....i'll be up in parker 9-27-12 doing some wakeboarding....you guys making a trip during that week?