Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-15-2011, 5:59 AM Reply   
LOL, I said the league turned WWE 10+ years ago. Stern has been good at hiding it, but I think this is a prime example. I guess he thought the old poster boy didnt need any more help, and it was time to give a hand to the new poster boy. Gotta start crafting the next gen, as Kobe wont be around forever.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-15-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
How is Stern still in control of the NBA? I struggle over wishing Seattle had another team or just saying screw it the NBA sucks, is poorly run and I would rather not have a team. I miss the Sonics. I got to go to a practice when I was young and play horse with Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp and meet some of the other players. They were so fun to watch.

What is the deal though with Stern saying the league wont approve a buyer of hte Hornets if they might move them out of New Orleans? How can that hypocrite say that after approving the sale of the Sonics to an ownership group that was obviously going to move them? Screw him. Why is so stuck on keeping the team in New Orleans? They were a playoff team that was above .500 but had the 4 or 5th worst home attendence. Their attendence is trending down. It looks like they had one season in the upper half of attendence in the league and I think that might have been when they were playing in Oklahoma City.

I guess there may be more cities that need an NBA team more then Seattle maybe? Seattle has a ton of crap going on anyway with the seahawks, mariners, UW football, Uw basketball and everything else that is awesome about Seattle.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
Apparently the black cloud has lifted and the clippers have made the biggest/best move in their history. Props to the team, its gonna be fun.
Time for stern to start packing.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
Talent wise, I think Josh Howard makes the Jazz better....but truth be told, I really have no interest in having him in a Jazz uniform. I hope he proves me wrong.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2011, 12:20 PM Reply   
No surprise to see Kobe complaining about not getting CP3.... Dude cant win it by himself and he finally is realizing it
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
"Dude cant win it by himself and he finally is realizing it "
Remind me...who EVER won it by himself?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...es-lakers-deal
Seems to me it is a nice little insight into the truth behind the lockout.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
and the Lakers woes just keep getting worse. Kobe's wife just filed for divorce. Lakers are in for a tough shortened season this year.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2011, 6:26 PM Reply   
IMO, though I was not on board with the veto of the Laker trade, in the end, I think the Hornets ended up getting a far better deal....so maybe, as the "overseer", Stern did a good job for NO?

As far as the Kobe divorce....that is unfortunate and a few years overdue.....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-17-2011, 5:14 AM Reply   
I suppose Volume shooters tattoo with his wifes name was a poor judgment call!

never get a tattoo of a girls name. What a rookie mistake.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-17-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
veto of the laker trade after the fact was a huge Stern mistake and it ended up costing the lakers in addition to the loss of Paul...the loss of Odom. Whether NO got a better deal from the Clips or not isnt the issue.., as I see it.
The divorce is probably gonna be a laker media nightmare this season. Cal law...after 10 years and no prenup...half is hers, nice timing Vanesa. Couple weeks b4 christmas and just over the 10 year mark. Pretty sure it was no vacation being married to KobeBryant, but she got paid well for her skillset. Agree, true rookie mistake on the name tats...or just about any tat for that matter. Just about anything i might have thought was cool 5,10,15,20 years ago... I dont feel the same about now.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
anyone catch last nights Lakers/Clippers game?
Clippers looked good! and the Lakers looked old!

could the new look Clippers actually be a top 5 team in the league this year? barring any injuries, I bet this team makes the conference finals at the very least. talent, youth, experience, leadership, they have it all. easily the best Clippers team I can remember.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
Forget the tattoo.. how about getting married without signing a prenup?! Moron.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Awsome Curry already blew out the ankle for the Warriors a game and half into the preseason. I so wanted trade him for Paul. I am so sick and tired of 25 to 30 wins a year. Monta has a sexual harrasment case. Looks like the Warriors got about as much going on off the court as the Lakers except we are just plain bad.
Old    sperbet            12-21-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Awsome Curry already blew out the ankle for the Warriors a game and half into the preseason. I so wanted trade him for Paul. I am so sick and tired of 25 to 30 wins a year. Monta has a sexual harrasment case. Looks like the Warriors got about as much going on off the court as the Lakers except we are just plain bad.
Yeah that didn't look good either. Not sure if you were watching the game, but he barely even twisted/rolled it and went down in pain.

Last edited by sperbet; 12-21-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
After 1 pre season game... the Clips look like one of the top 1,2,3 in the West. Lakers bottom half of Western Conf playoff teams.
WorldPeace is terrible, steveblake is terrible. How do the Clippers have 4 point guards(Paul,Billips,MoWilliams and Eric Bledsoe) better than any laker pointG? Bynum still cant finish at the basket consistently, damn, slam that ball you are 7 freaking feet tall!
Kobe's family is probably doing the "I told you so" dance re the pre-nup. Close to $100M...Vanessa can move next door to Tigers ex.
I bet mitch Kupchek was on the hotline to Orlando immediatly after the game.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
I watch every warrior's game. I love disappointment. I will be honest it has been tough to stomach (without excessively drinking) some of the of the games the last two years. Pretty sad when your best season is 42 and 40. You gotta love "We BELEIVE".
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2011, 5:26 PM Reply   
Odom gets a technical foul in a pre season game. Let the dirty play begin......
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
Kobe should just retire.... His body is breaking down yet again. Torn ligament.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-25-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
Kobe with a crucialllll turnover and then the inability to finish when it matters.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-25-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
and in the first regular season game as a Mav.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ks-odomejected

oh brother......
Old    sperbet            12-27-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
atta way Sac Town! Taking down the Lakers, what a great way to start a season! Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Liz and Joe, im assuming your Volume Shooter jerseys are on their way to Goodwill? Time to pick up some Cp3 Clipper jerseys???

Where did all the laker fans go!?!?!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-27-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
Late fourth qtr mistakes have killed the Lakers in these 1st 2 games. Really should have walked away with a win V. Bulls. Sac has a lot of scorers in Thorton, Tyreke, Jimmer, Thomas... (something the Lakers could really use) but how do the Lakers give up possesion after possesion from the free trow line so late in the game. Cousins can be a monster, very physical. Artest woke up, nice game V. Sac. I think Devin Ebanks, TMurphy and McRoberts will all pay dividends this season. New coach, new system, new players w/ very limited practice thus far...Lakers are fine right now. Bynum back soon. Kobe looks good, shouldnt have to carry this team.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-28-2011, 4:30 PM Reply   
Nice to have a young slo moving team like Utah allow the Lakers their 1st win.
Still too quiet in Lakerland. Heard on the radio today that if Howard isnt traded by the trading deadline he loses $26M. Lakers obviously need a PG, and have been silent about it. jim buss said he wont trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard. So, Bynum and Gasol and perhaps Matt Barnes for Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu w/ his nasty contract. Lakers will have the best center in the league, a pretty good point guard, and the turkishMJ. As much as a gasol fan as i am... and i like bynum, but better to trade Gasol a year early than a year late...bynum has a serious history of injury.
Id make this trade.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-02-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
This Laker fan has been out of town with the family for the holidays. I have bled purple and gold my entire life and that isn't going to stop because times are a little rough.

GO LAKERS!!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-07-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Bynum looks good thus far. Can he stay healthy? Ill say no.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Negative Nelly.
He is looking good, getting the rebounds this year that he should be taking. He needs more touches, they gotta feed the big guy(s) down low to take advantage of the Laker height. Kobe hasnt loosened his grip, still carrying this team.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Bynum has looked great.. better than ever. This worries me. I can't help but always wait for the other shoe to drop.

How about Barnes?? He's been great!

It pains me to say it.. but Miami is looking goooooood this year. Ugh.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Number 24 looked a whole lot like Number 8 last night. Dropped 48 on the Suns...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Go jazz!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Laker fans, any worries about a 31 year old Pau and 33 year old Kobe playing 37 minutes a night in this condensed season?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-12-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
As long as Kobe keeps playing like it's 2008? Nope.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-12-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
2006. See the 2 dunks in the 4th qtr V suns? Old guys arnt sposed to be able to do that after the first qtr.
EJ, Bynum and Gasol need to be a little more aggressive offensively, and take the load off Bryant. They need to be taking 15- 20 shots a night and scoring close to 20 ppg. Kobe should be taking a handful less than he is. 88 points in 2 days says he didnt like that somebody said he was the 7th best player in the nba. He seems to be from another planet this season...but he is also taking the pain spike every gameday. That cant be good.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
2006. See the 2 dunks in the 4th qtr V suns? Old guys arnt sposed to be able to do that after the first qtr.
EJ, Bynum and Gasol need to be a little more aggressive offensively, and take the load off Bryant. They need to be taking 15- 20 shots a night and scoring close to 20 ppg. Kobe should be taking a handful less than he is. 88 points in 2 days says he didnt like that somebody said he was the 7th best player in the nba. He seems to be from another planet this season...but he is also taking the pain spike every gameday. That cant be good.
Guess that is my point, wondering if Laker Nation is worried that, though fun to watch right now....the pounding the big 3 are taking right now due to lack of depth....is going to mean doom come playoff time(or before).....?

That is A LOT of minutes for these guys to be playing in this type of season IMO. It is reminiscent of the last strike shortened season('99?) when the Jazz and their old legs.... Karl Malone had an MVP season and the Jazz were out in the second round....and looked tired...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Think Kobe has one more year on his NBA legs than KM did then....maybe 2(?). Though KM had 2-3 years of CBB....which is about 1 NBA season...

Anyway, just thinking out loud after watching the game last night....

Know you guys love him and he's a great player, but watching as an opposing fan....there may be no bigger douchenozzle in the NBA than KB and his bit%^ing, whining, face making ect..... Watching him makes me want to stab him in the liver with a serving fork.... He is great though....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Kobe will retire a top 50 player at his position capping off a career inwhich he benefited greatly by the diesel.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
on a side note. my schizophrenic 45 year old neighbor who shoots hoops all day wearing full Laker gear, just told me Kobe is coming by the house to say hi. should I ask him about his wrist, or if I think he could beat eric in a game of H.O.R.S.E?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-12-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
Im still waiting for the lakers to make a trade for a starting PG. Depth will be better, the last 2 nights night they were missing Troy Murphy w/ stomach flu, McRoberts bad toe and Kapono, wife wife had twins on tuesday. Re Kobe and the complaining, whining...he is definatly good at it and he does not get all the calls. I dislike every player that plays V.Lakers and scores more than 20..celebrations after dunks bug me too, really? your 6,9' and i should be impressed because your a pro athlete and you can jump 12 inches? no one acts like they ve been there before.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
on a side note. my schizophrenic 45 year old neighbor who shoots hoops all day wearing full Laker gear, just told me Kobe is coming by the house to say hi. should I ask him about his wrist, or if I think he could beat eric in a game of H.O.R.S.E?
No way im Losing to Kobe in a game of horse. Today I shot 87-100 from the Free throw line. Hell Kobe cant even come close to that number. Throw in my 71-100 from deep and Kobe is getting embarrassed.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-13-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Train, have you ever seen your 45 yr old schizophrenic laker gear wearing neighbor AND eric at the same time? ....coincedence?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-14-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
The bulls conitnue to be the best team in the league. Great start for them.

Bynum continues to impress. He rebounds and shoots at a really high rate. Unfortunatley he is not shaq, and will be unable to carry the lakers deep into the playoffs.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-16-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Train, have you ever seen your 45 yr old schizophrenic laker gear wearing neighbor AND eric at the same time? ....coincedence?
I have not. Hmmmmm.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Utah Jazz!!!!

Not sure this will last, but it has been fun the past little bit....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-18-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Agree, Nice win last night jazz fan.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Kobe's wife gets 75 million and all three of their mansions in Newport Beach. She also gets primary custody of both kids and he gets visitation. Damn.
Old    sperbet            01-20-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Karma is a bi@tch
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Kobe's wife gets 75 million and all three of their mansions in Newport Beach. She also gets primary custody of both kids and he gets visitation. Damn.
Should have happened years ago. Zero clue why she stuck around. And thats not just a comment about Kobes wife, should be the case in all of society.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
I'm sure she stuck around because that's several more years of income to be divided 50/50.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
I'm sure she stuck around because that's several more years of income to be divided 50/50.
Ha! Ya 65 million be tough to live on, better hold out till 75.

Who are the top teams in everyones opinion?
1. Miami
2. Bulls
3. OKC ( although I think signing westbrook to a big deal was a badd move)
4. Atlanta?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-20-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Anybody else happy that Larmar Odom will finally be on a poster for 2012
http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2012/0...nba/index.html
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
She stuck around because of california law...its a community property state. So, after 10 years the assets are divided "equally" if under 10 its divided "equitably..big difference. In addition she'll get main custody of kids (even if its 50/50) she'll get millions in child support). How did a woman who never earned a penny, worked a day in her life, deserve that take?
Lakers look terrible. If the worst bench in the league isnt enuff, well it is enuff. Until kupcheck can make a trade or two...this is gonna be a long season.
Miami
OKC
Bulls
who cares..
Why shouldnt OKC sign Westbrook? Id rate him top of the second tier PG's. CP3, Dwilliams, DRose maaayybeee Rondo on the top shelf.
Old    sperbet            01-20-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Should have happened years ago. Zero clue why she stuck around. And thats not just a comment about Kobes wife, should be the case in all of society.
10 years in California and they can take you to the cleaner. Much more so then if she would have done it earlier. She's probably been planning this since the rape charge
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why shouldnt OKC sign Westbrook? Id rate him top of the second tier PG's. CP3, Dwilliams, DRose maaayybeee Rondo on the top shelf.
Westbrook wants to be "the guy" and hes simply not. He takes bad shots and is not a great PG. Maybe Westbrook will realize that its not his team, but i see this ending badly. (kobe shaq esk)
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Darrel and Scott are 100% right. This was a tactical move. Why these professional athletes get married when they have no desire to ever stay faithful, is beyond me. Unless you have a woman that is down for an open marriage.. what's the point? It's only going to cost you a tremendous amount of money down the line.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Re Westbrook, I did not realize it was 5 yrs and $80M. Why do the owners and GM's write contracts like this..and then have a lockout to whine about not making any scratch? Last I heard OKC is a small market team. Are Sefalosha and Harden on long term deals?
Re Kobe's wife...She was very hot when she was 18-20...she is a much bigger woman now...musta been the short training camp.
Kobe's father and family begged him not to marry, was the reason they didnt talk for years...Hey Kobe..."I told you so"
Bynum better play big tonight, show the lakers that the trade that hasnt happened yet shouldnt. If he cant get up for a game against the best center in the league, he is a wuss.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-25-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
This place is quite like a church when the Lakers are not the Lakeshow....

Elin Nordegren > Vanessa Bryant

Westbrook, even with his faults, is a top 1 in the league and you have to lock him up IMO.... He is being paid = to Paul and Williams, which may be overpaying a little bit, but better than losing him I guess???????
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
I agree, Tigers EX is way hotter than Ms.Bryant.
You nailed it EJ, It aint no Lakeshow, no showtime... its MikeBrowns eastcoast grind it out...gonna lose a lot of fans to "LobCity" cause that is the show right now.
Tonight the lakers will probably lose #4 in a row and 4th to the clips (counting preseason). Other than Kobe there isnt much to watch on this team. Bynum had a few good games and is dropping back to his old lumbering self. Did anyone see him V. Hibbert? Hibbert outplayed Bynum AFTER he broke his nose.
Still a Laker fan but the writing is on the wall, i for 1 am prepared for the trades. Just like in Boston...Everyone is available... except #24.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-26-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
It only took Mike Brown 19 games to figure out that the key to the Lakers winning is feeding the post. Good win last night.

Safe to say the Clippers and Lakers aren't friends...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-26-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Still a Laker fan but the writing is on the wall, i for 1 am prepared for the trades. Just like in Boston...Everyone is available... except #24.
Why? Kobes career is on the downside. His body cant handle the game anymore. Trade him now while his stock is decent and play for the future. Hope that you can find another diesel to lead Lakers to rings.
Old    sperbet            01-26-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
Doubt they could even trade him if they wanted to. He's owed something like $75M over the next 3 years. Can't see many teams willing to take on that salary given his age.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-26-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
"Why? Kobes career is on the downside" ...on the downside...and still #1 and leading the NBA in scoring.
"His body cant handle the game anymore"...cant handle it yet is 5th in min played, on players 1-4 no one is older that 26.
He is one of the few that are worth more than he is payed. Just watch him. He will pass MJ on the alltime scoring list too.
Good game and nice win.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-26-2012, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
He is one of the few that are worth more than he is payed. Just watch him. He will pass MJ on the alltime scoring list too..
He should. Could you imagine Jordan in todays NBA!? good lord. The man would have scored 100+ more than once.

Todays NBA remains soft. the elimination of the hand check rule was a terrible terrible change.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-27-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
I'm not a huge basketball fan but here is my take on the season so far:

NY - monster let down... I expected them to be pretty darn good, wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of David Lee, I liked that guy.

Miami - looks great, even without Wade for these last few games, I see a championship for them this year

OKC - looks good again, but I agree that with above on Westbrook, just something about him makes me not like him... his contract was too much

Lakers / Clippers - awesome little L.A. competition starting up... and Kobe has still got it, whoever thinks he doesn't is just wrong.

Bulls - Look sharp again but I just think they're missing something to keep them from being great.

Glad to see Kevin Love got his due
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-27-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Good take Nick.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda......i guess, if you say so.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
If Blakes dunk last night becomes "dunk of the year" like all these clowns are stating, the NBA is going to have a very soft year of dunks... Impressive, not dunk of the year.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Throw it down big man!

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-rookie-season
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2012, 8:45 PM Reply   
Jazz!
Old    sperbet            02-10-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
My team is growing up. Won 4 of the last 5 with a HUGE win over OKC last night! Go Kings!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
If the Lakers beat the celtics in overtime in a forest...will anyone hear?
Very nice win for the Kings last night. Imagine if you could get cousins head right for the season.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
The Lakers game last night was awesome.. most exciting game in a long time. Tonight against the Knicks and the red-hot Lin should be fun.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-10-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Best seats I've ever had. Fun game as well.
Old    sperbet            02-10-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
best seats i've ever had. Fun game as well.
nice!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-13-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
Those are great seats, nice!
Lin looks like the real deal , undefeated since Anthony and Amare sat. I can see Amare fitting perfectly like with Nash and the suns...Melo? different story. Melo likes the rock in his hands.
The Lakers STILL have the worst PG's in the league and Lin was toiling in the D-league (i did read Kuchek tried to aquire him but knicks with a worse record got him first just like BDavis and Chauncy..) gotta be 5 more D-league pg's that are better than what we are trotting out there every night. While were at it why dont we pluck a sm. forward that can score 10 a night. Just make the deal for Ramon Sessions and lets get competitive again. Nice game winner by #24....even if they choked another 18pt lead away. Trade deadline approaching, do something. Miami still rolling. Rose has back issues, wonder if it is going to be a career long deal.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
I can finally be a Mavs fan again (at least for 1 game). Here's to hoping that the punk stays in the "D" league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...185928346.html
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-02-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
^100% agree.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-19-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Fun win for the kids last night!!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
I thought that might get you on here EJ. good win considering all the MIA Jazz. Kobe and the lakers are having major turnover issues. Sorry to see Fish go but its been over due and Sessions looks like a good fit.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Was at the Lakers-Jazz game last night and it was so frustrating. Just turnovers and poor defense all the way around. Liked watching Sessions play but couldn't figure out why Steve Blake was running the show in the final minutes, that guy offers nothing.

NBA is not doing it for me lately, this season has just been so weird.