Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
Just wanted to know what size boards you ladies are riding?

My wife has been riding 2 years, rides at 65' 20.5-21 mph behing our boat. She just picked up a new board, LF Angel 134. When she goes w2w the landings are looking real squirrelly. I am not sure if its the board or the length.

She is 5'9" and bout 145 lbs. Should she be on a 137 or 138 board?
Old                08-01-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
That's how much I weigh, and I ride a 135. I've ridden a 137, and to tell you the truth, the difference wasn't really noticiable.

Maybe she just needs a little bit of time to get used to the board. If she was riding something WAY different, then her body just needs to re-learn a landing.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I ride the LF Team 134 which is the same board as the angel. It just takes sometime getting use to.
Gotta ride the edge. The board is loose and fast. You can buy some LF cupped fins for it that are .09 instead of the.06
it will make the board a little tighter or put a 1.5 on it instead of the 1.2....My husband can ride my board with no problem and he weights 170.
He prefers it over his 139 team. Wendi
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
i'm about the same height/weight as her, and i ride the LF team 134 which is the same as the angel. Anyway, the length of the board she has sounds perfect. How long has she had the board for? It just takes some getting used to. Actually i took off the center fins, bc they are huge and i was relying on them too much (i would basically point the board in the direction and it would go, instead of using proper heel/toe techniques). SO, i'm betting shes just not comfortable on it yet.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
she has ridden it about 6 or 7 times. She rode a borrowed HL Blemont before that and really liked it so she thought the Angel would be perfect. The Belmont was longer (141) so maybe she is still adjusting to the new one.

She is having a harding time staying on edge when she lands the new board. She lands and just kinda bounces and little.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
coming from a 141 its a big change
but she will love it after a while ,keep with it
see can try my husband 139 sometime if you like...
ride on smooth water if poss. it will help with control . the angel dosent like choppy water
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yea if she has only been on it 6 or 7 times, give her time... It takes a while to become adjusted to a new board.