Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-22-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
I personally havent gotten to hear the wetsounds 12 inch subs yet. Im wanting to know what sub you compare them to. I have 2 JL W7 that i have in my truck and thought about taking one to the boat but the box takes up ALOT of space. Would the wetsounds 12 sound anything like it? Or a kicker L5 or L7? Thanks guys
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-22-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
I have a w7 in my boat... they do take up a lot of space. I have experience with the Kicker L7... it's not nearly as musical sub, but it doesn't take much room and hits hard. Have never heard the Wetsounds subs, but if they sound anything like the rest of their gear... they sound awesome (I have the XS-650's and Pro-80's).

And you can't beat their customer service. Wetsounds is taking care of me as we speak. Thank you Gyver, Tim and Omar!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-22-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
I have an XS12 in my boat. It is in the exact same cabinet as my Alpine SWR12 and Massive CW12, the wetsounds sub is significantly better than either of those. If you are comparing it to a W7, you probably want to look at the XXX.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-22-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
I've installed the XS-10FA's, XS12's, and 12" XXX's. The FA's sounded much better compared to the Kicker KM10's and Clarion FA subs, the XS12's compared to several others and IMO sounded about the best in it's price point, and the XXX's were compared to a DD 3512. I know the XXX's can take a pretty good beating as I've played the 2 in my boat pretty hard with no problems....