Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
I haven't been wakeboarding very much but I've started a photography "business" as my second Business (home building being the first). I do a couple of organizations sports pics. Soccer (about 500 kids), basketball(200kids) and will be doing midget football this year also. I've also started doing family and senior portraits. ANYWAY, I just thought I would share some pics and see what you guys thought. I've been working alot trying to get better.

The business logo I made.
Upload

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-03-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
did you place the image in the logo backwards on purpose? otherwise, that's pretty sick.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
A couple of posters I made for some girls on the swim team.
Upload
Upload

My daughter swim team pic. That's water behind her being sprayed and lit up by a green gel.

Upload

My youngest acting like she's tough and on the swim team.
Upload

(Message edited by shutupandboard on August 03, 2007)
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. Ya, If you notice the PH and the F is switched in the business name also.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
My wife.
Upload

My dog.
Upload

My oldest.
Upload

My middle child. KARATE CHOP! That's for you dave.
Upload
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
BTW. YES my cowgirl daughter is throwing up the peace sign...KIDS!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-03-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Great work Jeremy and it's good to see you posting again.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Very nice! Have you picked up a 300 or 400 f2.8 yet? It seems like all the kid's sports shooters are armed with those.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! No Rich, not YET. I actually still want the 70-200 2.8IS But I don't shoot sports action yet(for money). I shoot team and individuals. I did get the Canon 17-55 2.8IS which I LOVE, and lives on my camera. The next purchase though has to be a portable power pack for my studio lights, very soon.

Here's a few from my first senior session a couple weeks ago.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-04-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Nice job on the lighting on that first shot of your last post and that team shot is very cool. I think you're going to do very well with this.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
That lighting you used on the girls basketball team is sick... care to share how you did that.

I actually remember the pic you used in that logo. I think it was a post titled "self portrait" or something like that. Nice PS work.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Thanks, that means alot Rich.

That is exactly what the title of that thread was! I didn't remember until you said that. For that basketball pic, I Had a big softbox on a strobe about 9' up on each side then the back light, to light the floor and give them a rim light. I shot on manual. shutter-160, aperture-8, ISO 200, focal length 17mm, RAW.