Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-14-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
I bought a Canon SD 800 IS, it takes the Canon NB-5L Battery, but when I was looking online there are about 10-20 substitutes (at least) from a lot of battery makers. I was wondering if I should just suck it up and pay for the Canon brand battery, or just get a equivalent for less than half the price?? Some of the replacements even state they will last longer(more charge and discharge cycles) and take more pictures(longer maH ratings). I have a feeling this may not matter, kind of like buying Duracell vs. Energizer.... I just don't want to do anything to destroy the camera.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I've bought numerous extra batteries for my Canon 20D off of ebay, and I've had zero problems with them. I think i actually even bought the two that are in my battery grip for a total of 13$ shipped.

buy from a seller with good feedback, and try them in the camera.

Most batterys don't have problems with leaking, etc except when charging or left in a camera for long periods of time. So don't charge in the camera and take them out if you're not going to use them for a while....

my 2 cents!

eric
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
Sterlingtek.com. great batteries, good service and fast shipping. best of all.... no dealing with flea bay.
their shipping is a little high, but I can't complain when a 20d battery was shipped to me for under $20
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-14-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
I have bought a couple batteries from an e-bay seller called "orphanbiker". Good products, good service.