Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-03-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
You started a great thing a couple years ago with the Christmas give away, to bad it has gone away from the spirit of giving.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-03-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
Hey we tried....more than once....but yes, we appreciate it. Happy Holidays to all
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2007, 12:39 AM Reply   
What happened to mess things up? (sorry, I missed it).
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-04-2007, 12:46 AM Reply   
It was a GIVING thread and some people wer taking more than they were giving... then a bunch of whiners decided to gripe during the remainder of the thread about people taking and not giving ENOUGH back... IMO who cares take what you can give what you can. This from a guy who wasn't even partaking in it... just funny to watch everyone get pissed.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-04-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I would not consider it whining, when people are pointing out that certain people are claiming everything that pops up, without giving much more than a reef sticker or something.
it takes away from the spirit of the thread.
it's too bad that greed takes over that thread every year.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
The best was when that one jackass kept wanting to argue with Joe about it. Classic! Nice holiday spirit, dipsht!

Joe, this was a wonderful thing you started a few years ago, mad props to ya!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-04-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
bah humbug!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
buahahaha
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-04-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Props to Joe Umali!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-04-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Props Joe. Glad I could spread some holiday cheer before it got nuked. I didn't even get a chance to pick anything up for myself
Old    walt            12-04-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
CIRE,

Thanks again for the killer board shorts ! http://www.CIREboardshorts.com

Check your E-mail.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-04-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
when my freind first made me get a profile thing for wakeworld i thought it was the coolest thing ever. then i started reading the chrstmas thread and people started hoeing on eachother and really killed the whole thing. i guess im just dissapointed that we could start arguing about that. ive spent like one afternoon with people in a boat, and become best freinds with them, and its because we have on thing in common, a love for wakeboarding. im pretty sure that everyone on this site loves wakeboarding just as much as me, and sees it more as a lifestyle. people ask me why i talk about wakeboarding so much, and i tell them that if they did it as much as me, they would feel the same way. thats why i was really bummed when people started fighting about this whole christmas thread thing. its sortof like if your freind needed a rope, and you had one sitting around, youd give it to him. the only diffrence is that its over the internet. i guess what im trying to say is wakeboarding is my lifestyle, and i think that we should all just focus on what really matters; having a good time. if people are on here taking stuff and selling it on ebay, then there not really wakeboarders, there tubers with towers on there boats.
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-04-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
well said alex. the christmas thread was one of the coolest thing i have ever seen. to bad it got ugly.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
i have no idea what alex just said.

yeah, it's too bad it got ugly. and yeah, the policing of the thread had to be done. if you disagree, then you just don't know how to follow the rules. plain and simple.

anyway, sorry it got out of hand, but i'm glad it's gone. greed was really depressing to see.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-04-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
Alex, I'm a tuber with a tower on my boat...
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-04-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
ooh you're done... hahahahaha just don't come to our loacal spot and there's no worries