Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Ok guys Im in Ipod hell right now. I am trying to hook up my ipod to my sony CDX-CAB10X deck. I read on an earlier thread that it has to have the auxliary inputs which it does. I purchased a ipod cable that goes from the ipod headset jack to two rca. I plugged those rca's into the head unit and nothing. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of how to do this. I am completely lost.
Also I do not want to use the fm module.
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-03-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
The two rca jacks that you are referring to are red and white, right? Make sure those are pluged in correctly and make sure they are not in an out port. Also check to see if there is and aux mode on your head unit. If there is than that is probably your best bet.

good luck
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Kody,
Yeah I have them plugged in correclty by coloer and they are in the bus port 9 as sony calls it on thier directions).
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-03-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Double check where you plugged them in. There are probably amp pre-outs on that deck too......so you might have plugged into the wrong RCA's like kody said.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-03-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
make sure you head unit is in the AUX mode
def. need to double check the inputs you are using.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
I know that they are plugged in correctly because I use an XM unit as well and it works no problem. When I tried to install the ipod I disconnected the xm unit completely. The funny thing is the HU wont go into the aux mode unless the xm units is connected. If I connect the xm unit up and split out the rca's to the xm unit and ipod the ipod works but so is thew xm. Basically im lisiteniong to the ipod and xm at the same time. Any other suggestions? Im hoping grant or clay will see this post and help me out too.
Thanks again guys.
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-03-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
RodE, Which XM unit do u have?

Plugging your Ipod into the Aux ports should work

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
My XM unit is XT-XM1, its an older unit but made by sony.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
My XM unitUpload
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-03-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
To connect both your XM tuner and your Ipod you will need a XA-300 from Sony

hhttp://www.crutchfield.com/S-pDVPqTxbW8O/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=xa%2D300&i=158XA300

I can't find any info on your head unit.
The Sony's have a couple different setup modes.

I know on one of the modes on my headunit I do not have an option to select AUX.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Kenw,
Yeah I can select the aux either. Guess im eiother going to get a new HU or purchase the xa-300
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-03-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
RodE,
Did you try to reset the head unit?
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
No but I will try that.