Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
My old faithful 2001 Premier finally bit the dust. I was riding this past weekend, caught an edge, and out popped both of the inserts under my right binding.

I know my board is a few years old, but is there anything that Hyperlite will do for damages such as this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on September 13, 2004)
Old    chasepriest            09-13-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
I had an 03 Parks that did the same thing, I took it to my local board shop, and am currently awaiting the arrival of a 2005 DNA parks, its worth a shot.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
HYPERLITE BOARDS HAVE A NYLON ANCHOR ON THE INSTERTS ITS REALLY RARE TO HAVE ONE PULL OUT THE SHOULD WARENTY IT IF NOT FILL THE OLES WITH TWO PART EPOXY AND USE A DIFRENT SET
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I hope they replace the board because it completely cracked the board in several places when the inserts ripped out.

I called Hyperlite and they said they should be able to replace it.

One problem...I used the board at a cable park ONCE but hopefully they will still waranty it as it doesn't really have any marks on it at all.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
THEY REPLACED A BOARD THAT HAD A HUGE CHUNK MISSING FROM A SLIDER THEY SHOULDNT CARE ABOUT A COUPLE OF SCRATCHES
Old    optionryder420            09-13-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
He wasn't on a slider.
Don't make assumptions.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
He did say he rode it at a cable park once...so aren't cable parks made up of sliders and kickers since there's no boat wake?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, I hit a couple of sliders and kickers. You really can't even see the marks on the board though, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

I was told that I need to take it to a local board shop and they will send it to Hyperlite for me. I guess I'll try that route today.

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-14-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
just dont tell them you go to the cable scratches could be in travelling
Old    e_smooth            09-15-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
Where did you take it a good shop should just give you one of the floor?