Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       03-11-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Does anyone know the following weights of these boards.. I want a light board and Ronix and Liquid force does not post their weights.

Ronix one 142

Watson 142.

Please help.. I need a light setup, last years was way too heavy.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
They're both a lot lighter than the Parks if that's what you're asking.

I don't know specifically, but I'd guess the Watson is about 8lb and the Ronix is a hair lighter if not the same.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
the box that my watson came in was weighted at 14 lbs according to Fedex... Or maybe that was the camera housing... There were two boxes, one with an epic camera housing, and one with the board. One weighed 7 lbs, another 14...
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       03-11-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Anything has to be lighter than my parks.. But I think my Shane Closed toes didnt help out much either.. So I got the watson open toes and man, for size 12-13, there real tight.. But much lighter than my closed toes..

Im thinking about the watson, CWB transend says it weighs almost 8 pounds, but if the watson is lighter, then I'd rather go with it..

I was also thinking of the PS3, Is that also a good light board?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
IMO all liquid force boards will weight the same (unless you get the newer flex boards).

I have a 139 axis and a 136 shane and they weight the same - probably an ounce difference. I always thought the parks felt so heavy was because it had that weird tail weight to it and wasn't balanced tip to tail.

But you're not going to be able to tell the difference of .5lb, or even 1-2lb, when you're riding. Buy a board that fits your riding style and not one that weights the least.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Slingshot -
"The lightest boards on the market with the lowest swing weights"
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
get a dark core if you care that much about weight I have heard those are quite light.
Old     (ride_4_life)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
if you want a true light board get one of the platinum's from C-dub
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-20-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
hey a SUB VI they are the lightest boards on the market 6 pouds. i think it weighs 9 or 10 pounds with the a pair of Gonzalez CT.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-20-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
My Covin 143 weighs in around 8 pounds, I can't imagine a 142 One weighing any more than that...