Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bskennn)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-10-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
a little pricey is it worth it???
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
i dont have problems with the 3# eps i use with epoxy and a 4/6 schedule top and bottom , also done in the vac bag.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Im with you Surfdad
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Alright my buddy is now saying the Arcane is not what he likes. Rode it a few times and tried to give it a chance, but it was way too heavy and slow. Thats just his opinion
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       04-23-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
i saw one of these at M2 on Lake Conroe and the thing is HUGE. i can't imagine how it isn't slow and hard to move based on how big and heavy it is. haven't rode one though, so...
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-23-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
I just talked to my buddy who got one and then returned it the same day. Like I told him that it was heavy and bulky, but he is hardheaded and had to see for himself. And like I mentioned, he said that it was super slow and heavy and not as easy to spin or get air. the one time he did get air the board popped up and hit him on the shin giving him a nice purple/black spot. I do not ever seeing that board in my quiver.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-26-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
is their anyone else with their opinion on the board , please do tell.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
Worst board I've ever ridden, slow, heavy, and doesn't fit in any of my wakesurf racks. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

Last edited by 05mobiuslsv; 05-30-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old     (Towerfarm1)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-01-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1vsRFitbY

Arcane Test! Check it!!!
Old     (Towerfarm1)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-01-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
A durability test with various wakesurf boards. The winner: the Arcane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1vsRFitbY
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-01-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
that is a funny vid , that is why is must weigh a ton as said by other folks that has riden it . built to last ,
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Jack I'll keep the Arcane in mind when I'm ready to karate chop a wakesurf board.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-02-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
So sad. The Arcane is a fun surf driven shape but it is a little heavy for my taste. I couldn't get it to pop like the custom. I have one of the first 4'10" boards ever made. It is dented and even cracked in the middle but it hasn't broken.

I am stoked to see the next video. Slingshot is going to put the Arcane up against the Hyperlite Swell, Byerly Hazard, Ronix Cortez and Liquid Force Venture. I heard they are going to get Hong Kong Phooey to make a cameo. We will see who comes out on top.

Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       06-17-2010, 3:39 AM Reply   
Rode the Arcane last night...

I actually found it very fast. It may just have been the wake we were on was very steep (Epic 23v).

Yes, it is very heavy compared to other good surf style boards. It took a lot of effort to get the board into the air. The tail design was my favorite part, it turned on a dime, almost thought I'd be able to do some cut backs. The Epic wake is very steep and really easy to pearl other boards but I didn't get this one to pearl once. The one advantage I found for the thick design.

Would be a board I'd ride again for sure.

Last edited by F725; 06-17-2010 at 3:42 AM. Reason: Made it sound grammer correct. ???