Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2007, 5:54 AM Reply   
I recently bought a pair of XXL CWB Torq bindings. I was on the bubble for XL and XXL but my brother is firmly in the XXL camp so I got the XXLs so we could both use them. They fit great and ride great but those laces are all over the place when I tighten them. The lower ones keep getting tangled up in my toes and that's more than a little annoying. What do you guys do to keep laces out of your way?
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
I tuck the laces in the pull straps. Rear strap holds the upper laces, front strap holds the toe laces.

When taking the board off, be sure to take the laces out of the pull straps befor loosening the lace holders.
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yeah I had the same problem with my Torqs, I just tucked them into the side of the boot
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
cut them to the length you want!!!!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
I wouldn't suggest cutting them any shorter, at least on the top laces. You need that top lace to be nice and long so that when you open the hinge you'll be able to open the binding more. If you cut the lace down you're not gonna be able to open it up as much.

On the back of the heel piece there is that pull handle to help you get into the binding. If you follow that handle down to where it connects to the binding, you should find a little elastic pull tab. Pull that little thing out and shove the lace through there...
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I just tuck em in
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-15-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
What I did with mine was open the Hinge all the way up, give the laces two extra inches and then re-tied the know and cut off the extra. They come with a retarded amount of string so getting rid of some is def worth it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
I felt the same way when I first bought my Faction bindings. I took out both sets of laces and replaced them with one set laces that are much more heavy duty than the original ones. Some may say that you lose the abilty to customize your fit by going to one set of laces, but I disagree. I can get my foot locked in tight with one set and it's much less of a headache!