Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
Anyone have any input on this company. Wondering because I bought a MC205 with their tower on it and one of the mounts on the boat is cracked and I have been trying for 4 days to get an answere from them if they have a replacement, emailed pics and all yet still have not heard anything.
Not great service in my opinion
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
I live about 1 mile from them. I was going to buy one for my boat. I ended up going with a Trick Tower. They are also 1 mile from my house. The reason was that when I went to Wake Designs, I brought my boat for them to look at. They didn't even go outside. They just looked at it through the window. Then they gave me the quote. It was 2400 for the tower and another 400 for the install without racks or powdercoat. I went to Trick tower and paid 1500 with two racks and powdercoat installed. Trick towers was a little harder to get a hold of. They are growing. It is just a two man place at this point. Maybe bigger by now. It has been a year.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-19-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
I would not have anything on my boat from Wake Designs again. I had some of their board racks and they were JUNK!! The customer service was even worse. That was my experience with them.
Old    nwwakerider            05-20-2007, 2:09 AM Reply   
I emailed them about there towers a few months ago and it took them almost two weeks to reply. I would never do business with them
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
I have seen a few wake designs towers with broken welds. I wouldnt buy one!
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
My welds are OK it's just that 2 mounts are cracked and the pins are rusted. I just want to get them replaced and can't seem to get any follow thru on their part. I was told they don't know if they have any cause the tower is 10yrs old, but it can't take 4 days just to look in inventory and find a few or not. I hate mediocre or just bad customer service. They have been around a long time so they must be doing something right but they should support the towers and customers that bought their product so the next time they purchase they would consider them. It's not that hard to follow thru, email, phone call but I have had to iniate every contact and follow up.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-20-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
I have wake design racks, and they have been total wise. Not reccomended.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
hey cole where is trick towers located? i live within minutes of wake designs. and i have never seen trick towers
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
I have the wake designs rival evolution on my Tige. The tower is rock solid w/ no problems so far. It was totally solid w/ my Fusions up there... UNTIL... I put the 5th and 6th speakers up there. W/ just the four speakers it was solid w/ no sway. The second I put the 6 on, I guess it was just to much weight. Now the tower has some sway to it. But keep in mind that the Fusions are a heavy speaker to begin with. Most towers would prob. sway w/ that much weight.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 1:39 AM Reply   
Trick Towers has a website. Tricktowers.com. They have a small shop over off of Arizona and Elliot. South of Elliot and east of Arizona. The guy used to be a welder for one of the unions here locally. He started this a couple of years ago. I bought mine from him early last year. When I met him he was out of his garage, but two weeks after I ordered it, he had it complete and he had moved into a small shop in a business park. Nice guy. I e-mailed him and asked him if I could stop by and look at the product. That is what you might want to do. I think he is mostly just selling off the internet. I had him powder coat my tower black, but had him leave part of the rope holder and the tower feet that attach to the boat natural. Turned out great. Here is a pic of my tower.
http://www.crowniehq.com/gallery/data/506/Rear_Side_Smaller_1.JPG
http://www.crowniehq.com/gallery/data/506/Front_Side_Smaller_1.JPG
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
5 days now and still no reply from them. Thats consistancy. I know a tower brand that I will not even consider for my next boat. ??, Does anyone know if the cracked mount could be tig welded? Or maybe I should just load up on JB weld.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
I had to call them! Do not leave a message! INSIST that you speak w/ someone, and tell them you'll hold!
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
JB weld will not hold. Tig welding is the only way to go. Probably about a $50.00 job.