Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2004, 3:49 AM Reply   
How are these bindings? Tell me about the support (especially ankle). I have actually never ridden any other binding except for HL and I want to try another company. The sucs are the silver and white ones right?? Also, how much would a brand new pair cost? Thanx!!
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2004, 3:56 AM Reply   
i'm not sure why ure tradin in ure highbacks, they're pretty sweet bindings.

my opinion, the ultras didn't offer as much support as any of the top hyperlites, they didn't fit my slim foot, but i'd bet if they had fit they'd be super comfi.

loads of people love them and wouldn't swap ever. but if i were u i'd wait to see what hyperlite release for '05, there's spose to be some interesting stuff coming out.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 5:06 AM Reply   
ultras are way different than highbacks... they allow a lot more flexibility and ease of movement and still hold as well or even better than any other binding on the market... they are really comfortable also and might be the lightest high end binding on the market...
the only downsides are that the support isn't as stiff in the heel part(which gives you more flexibility for pokes) and that they are harder to put on and off... if you're used to using soap to get into HL bidings, you'll struggle a bit at first with those... even more with new bindings... but I assume that you're a big guy and that you can get over that easily... once broken down it'll get easier...
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
How much could one expect to pay for a brand new pair?? Would $180 be a good price. I know nothing about LF products!
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 6:28 AM Reply   
mine were 450$... cdn$ it is... I bought them in early june so the prices were high... 180$US would sound like a good deal to me... you should probably have a look on ebay just to be sure... msrp is 260$ but it's at 229$ everywhere online...
Old    sk8joe01            08-06-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
ultras hold more tightly around the foot, and top of the heel, and leave the ancle more free to move around. i ride em myself and absolutly love em, its a different hold than other bindings, and yes, they are hard to get on for a while, but once you get into em and they are a little broken in for ya you gotta love em.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-06-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
they're excellent. A little harder to get into and out of but they the binding that I've ridden the most. I've had 2 pairs. '03's and currently riding '04's.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
Great hold.... people say Hyperlite bindings have better ankle support but I feel as though they hold around your ankle really well but don't actually support anything (havent ridden highbacks). 04 ultras are so comfortable and yes... they tend to hurt because of tightness for the first few weeks and are hard to get in and out of you don't know how... but after they break in and you figure a system out for getting in and out theres nothing better. I love my buddys Transits but can't see myself spending all that time tighting them up, sucks.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
i bought some 03 ultra sucs at the beginning of the season & love them. i had only used hyperlite's belmont & splits before. my feet never go numb, it feels like i'm wearing new balance shoes. my feet dont slip around, but the bindings arent too tight. i agree that they are flexible and have just the right amount of support. i think they're great & my next purchase will be ultra sucs again.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2004, 4:00 AM Reply   
Ultras rock, I'm still breaking my new ones in but they are just as sweet as the 02s I traded them in for :-)