Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-01-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Post up your best grip jobs, lets see what you got.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-01-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
And if youve got some sick paint jobs too. I forgot that. Hell throw up some riding pics, the wakeskate forum is way too slow, lets keep some good footage going.Upload
Old    ridewater            10-01-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
how do you carve those out so neatly and smooth, when ever i carve out just use an exacto knife, and they never turn out smooth, theyre always like ridgid
Old    ridewater            10-01-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
i just use ***
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
bensk8ing nice TNT, what's your name on wakeskating.com?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-01-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
i know this is probably a stupid question, but you can actually carve patterns into the grip tape? does it just scrape off or something? side note to bensk8ing - i was interested in your skate, but was hesitant because i wasn't sure i wanted a wood skate or one with no channels. a friend sold me his old CWB for almost no $$. wood, no channels (exactly what i wasn't really looking for), but i rode it today finless and had a blast. even made it heelside over the wake (no air, but hey - it's only my 2nd time on a sk8). when i'm ready to buy a PERMANENT board next season, i might hit ya up and see if you have any for sale! THANKS FOR LETTING ME HI-JACK (and sorry!)
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-02-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
The Tige emblem, for instance, I stuck a die cut on a piece of binder paper, I flipped over the grip tape, traced it out hard to imprint the backing paper, traced that, and cut it out.

I rode this guy yesterday for the first time on a sacked out X*. It was different, I loved it for the shuv variations, wake to wake was alittle tough, the board was always stuck to my feet, but with the narrower tip and tail and a size 13 foot, I was alittle squirly. It popped great. I think im really going to like it more on a mellower wake, something without 2K+ in weight for the first time. I was on the new Reed for the past month and it was a big change from that.
Integrity is sick, I just need to get some more riding in on it than a 20 minute set after work. I can wait to hit some rails on it. If I did not have this skate I would stick to wood, but this skate is different from everything Ive been on.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
heres my IntegUpload
Old     (wakedestroyer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
thats what im talking about deep cove! wakeskate with the banshee scream in the background best of both worlds...
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
my 2 passions...
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-05-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
paint pens are my instrument of choice...Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-05-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Sick! thats what im talkin about.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
why are there cassette stickers on that tolstoy?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
No cool paint or grip jobby, but I'll contribute some pics...first one is my buddy Brett coming down from a DU, second is me on a toeside w2w.

Upload
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I guess I'll have to resize the DU pic...
Old    chriscut            10-16-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
bensk8in,

Come out to the norcal convergence III this weekend. We'll have some rails out there--winches, boats and jetskis.. its a wakeskate event we're putting on to bring the wakeskaters of norcal together for a weekend.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-16-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
I heard about that, its at CFW isnt it. Im working all weekend, I wish I knew about it earlier, I coulduv got it off. Damn. Ive only been able to ride that once and the river was freezing. Is it going on till sunday, I might just mob out Sat. evening for a morning set on Sunday.
Old    chriscut            10-17-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
yup its at cfw. We're going to be out there fri, sat and sunday. you're welcome to come out any time man. i've got 4500 watts of lights and a big honda generator so we'll probabaly winch at night (that is if we can still walk after riding all day haha.)
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2006, 12:34 AM Reply   
bensk8in, definitely try to make it
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-18-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Here's that DU pic...my camera sucks so I don't take a lot of pics, but this one came out pretty good and he stomped it. Stoked.

Upload