Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-20-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
my 500# sac has a hole about 1/4" long. i have some gluey/epoxy stuff for patching inner tubes and such. will it work for patching the sac?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-20-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
yeah man. I had the fat couch and I patched it up no problem.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-20-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
DUCT TAPE!
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-20-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
we had a sticker in the boat and it seemed to work for the day, but wanted something a little more "for sure" than a sticker.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
quiksilver makes "board patches" for dinged surfboards...they usually come with boardshorts but if you can get your hands on those they work great for fixing stuff...dinged wakeboards, broken skin, fat sacs etc...just make sure whatever you put em on is nice and dry.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-20-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
A pool supply store carries pool patch material in a big sheet with a large tube of glue. Last time I bought one it was less than $4.00 and will last for years. This will not be the last hole your patch. Just wait until a seam blows out. They are fixable as long as you have the right repair kit.

Epoxy is too stiff to patch a fat sac hole. It will not burn into the plastic either.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-20-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
I would nominate someone to hold their finger on the hole for the entire day.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-20-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
"I would nominate someone to hold their finger on the hole for the entire day."

Preferably someone in a bikini!