Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
www.wakekite.com

Check out the video. Don't see any flips. looks kind of boring.
Old    chingui77            08-11-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
the computer im on is blocking the video but if it's what i think it is, kite surfing is cool because you dont NEED a boat. you get the kite in the air and it pulls you through the water. if you have a boat you become a parasailer and whenever you let go you come back down to the water and keep going. if you google kitesurfing and check some pics and vids there you will see some pretty sweet stuff.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
No its pulled behind the boat. I have seen kite surfing.
Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
that looks pretty fun if u jus feel like messin around or have weak knees, but u cant do inverts and the raylies seem hard to pull off.But hey, it could go far... U never know
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
looks super fun, but i think it would be really hard on your tower...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Its not hard on the tower... or they atleast already thought of it... you need to read more into it ex. this i got in the news section

Line Management
The WakeKite will come with a special line sheathing and management system to keep the rider free from potential tangling during powered boat operations. As designed, the lines will easily stay clear of the rider when used under recommended safe operations. In over two years of water testing, no line tangling or snaring of a rider has occurred when the boat has been under power, and this includes all water testing activities. There is also a safety-release lanyard in the boat the can be pulled to set the kite free, as well as an automatic line de-coupler that is set into the main tow line. The line de-coupler automatically releases the kite from the boat when "beyond normal use tension" is detected on the line. This weak link de-coupler will release the kite if it snags on something behind the boat, protecting both rider and boat structure.