Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
With Boardstock only a couple of weeks away I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about it here on Wakeworld.

I've heard some people mention their disappointment with the "commercialization" of the event and the troubles that have taken place at Tower Park the last couple of years, but I hope this isn't keeping people away from attending.

As for myself, I won't be camping this year, but a few friends and I plan on attending the downtown Stockton event on Saturday.

Is anyone else planning on attending the event or camping at Tower Park? I would hate to think that this event will simply fade away in the future due to poor attendance.
Old    deltahoosier            09-02-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
I do not plan on attending. I do plan on taking advantage of the good water down in the southern part of the delta, while everyone else is by Lost Isle or Tower Park
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-02-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
needs to go back to shasta!
Old    jetgofish            09-02-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
I'll agree with Rod, I've heard many many bad things about Boardstock's camping habits! For instance I heard last year several girls past out drunk, while they were past out many men took advantage of these girls in a sexual way. I'm sorry, I might go to the event for an hour or so and watch the riders ride, but other than that I'll be catching the smooth glassy waters of the Delta with Rod!!!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
I don't have any first hand knowledge of the goings on at Tower park, but I have heard that it is a zoo, and that there has been some trouble the last few years. I personally have only attended the downtown event the last couple of years and I've always had a good time.

How often do wakeboard enthusiasts on the west coast have the opportunity to see the best riders in the world ride in a freestyle format? Not very often. I enjoy taking my son to the event to watch Parks, Shaun Murray, and the other top pros ride and have a good time without the pressure of a competition. Not to mention I'm hoping to see one of the Motocross guys do a back flip live rather than on TV.
Old    wakelvr            09-02-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'll be on the water with Rod and Teri:-)

I do plan on heading up there Friday night after work to check out the festivities. Night riding is fun to watch.... Friday nights are a great time to meet the pros too as it's not too crowded.

Where is Fisher...?? Christie, you going to meet me again this year so we can meet Shaun again?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-02-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
It seems like we keep paying more for less. No sliders, no Parks or Shane. Last year seemed kind of boring. But, I'll check it out again.

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
Stef - Josh and I are definitely in! We had a blast last year. We might actually have to make it out both nights because I don't want to miss the premier of Buffalow's video "Delta Sessions"!!
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
No night riding this year. The official schedule this year is Saturday and Sunday from 11am-7pm.
Old    mike_rennie            09-02-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
Too Expensive!!!
Old    deltahoosier            09-02-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Sounds like the crew is shaping up ) Riding away from boardstock on the Delta ....
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
Rod,
I'm all for riding on Sunday, but I've already promised my son and friends that I'll go to the downtown event on Saturday. Not to mention, now that summer is drawing to a close. the weekend crowds should start to diminish, and we should have 7 months of great water without all of the summer yahoos. Missing one day won't kill me.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
Christie,
Do you know the time that the "Delta Sessions" video premier is going to happen? I really want to see that!
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-03-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Mike you will pay $10 dollars for a movies but not $25 dollars for 8 hrs of fun.

Movie $10 2Hrs = $5 a Hour / very day

Boardstock $25 = $3.2 a Hour / only one time a year
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Hey Rob,
I just brought my boat down yesterday, so now it's at Orwood. Give me a call when you want to go ride. I plan on going to boardstock on Sat so let's meet up somewhere.

Mark
Old    pearlywhites            09-08-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
last year tower park was crazy! 60% were wakeboardes the other 40% were there to party(under 21, drunk, and stupid)we kept asking when the school bus was coming back to take them home. this year we rented a houseboat so we can party with adults and get some riding in. what plans does everyone else have.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-11-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
We'll be watching from our boat in the best seats in the house. Last year we paid our money and went it and saw some people anchored across the way watching from their boats. We left, went and grabbed the boat and did the same. Much better view of the riding, cheaper food and drink, and better music on your own boat....
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-11-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
I want to go camping at a lake somewhere far away from Boardstock. Anyone else want to go camping?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-11-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
I believe the "Delta Sessions" vid will be playing Saturday and Sunday.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
tmorefi,

FYI, there is boat access this year but they are charging for it. Check out www.boardstock.com for the details on prices.

Arun,

As of right now, there is no major video presentation short of a sponsor that may bring in a TV in their booth. This is due to this year's schedule being entirely daytime. In the past years there has been a video projection screen for the premiers, but those do not work out too well in the daytime.

Looking forward to a fun weekend and seeing everyone up at the event site.

Rob, be sure to hunt me down when you get up there.

Shawn
Old    whitechocolate            09-11-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
I passed out at Board stock last year and several people took advnatage of me.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-11-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
Ya, I know they're charging but it'll be worth it. 20 bucks, whatever.. come tie up with us and enjoy the view. Grant, you gonna be out there? I'd love to take a look at your set-up up close...
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-16-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
I might be coming into town for a meeting in San Jose. Would it be better to try and hook up a ride with some of the infamous delta crews that are always on wakepics or get to Boardstock? I am more interested in riding and wasn't sure if there are any close spots where you could do both?
Old    norcal_99            09-17-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
John, What day are you coming out? I don't think you'll find a pull at Boardstock the Stockton event. Most people drive there in cars.

If you want to ride out of Disco let me know.
Old    norcal_99            09-17-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
Rob, Rod, Grant, Are you guys riding or going to BS.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-17-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
you can go by boat... cost 50 to get in by boat and 20 for all the people in the boat... so if you can fit 10 in the boat not a bad deal.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-17-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Rene,

Most of my regular crew is going to the Boardstock event on Saturday, but I'm sure we'll ride at the delta on Sunday.

Rob
Old    norcal_99            09-17-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Rob, I'm thinking about riding (wakeskating) too.

Alee, I know you can go by boat, but if someone drives there in their car. I can't see how they would hook up with a pull.

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
We are doing the same thing - BS on Saturday and riding on Sunday.

Jared - I would offer you a pull on Sunday, but I'm boatless right now. I had to bum a pull myself! (Thanks Stef & Ja!)
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-17-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
i dont see that happening either...
Old    whitechocolate            09-17-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
Rene: I dont know what we will be doing I would doubt if we are going to do alot of riding. I think we will just be hanging out I don't have my boat this weekend so I am at the mercy of other's
QUESTION
Since when have you been able to get your Boat in to the Event. I didn't think they wanted boat's in there, dirveing back forth comming in and out Ect. Where do you pay for this
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-17-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
Last year you could get your boat in but only inbetween events. They had a sherrif boat sitting at the bridge closing it during the riding. BUt as long as you got in before, you were good to go. Also, lastyear you didn't have to pay if you had your boat there but this year the Boardstock website says "boat parking" pass required which can be purchased on the site...
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-17-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Rene,

I haven't really set-up anything for Sunday yet, but I'm not worried about finding enough riders to fill the boat. That never seems to be a problem.

If you would like to ride together on Sunday, then send me an email or give me a call on my cell.

I was planning on taking my boat out because I plan on bringing my son with me, but
if you wanted to take your boat and don't mind having a little kid on the boat, then we can take yours.

Rob
Old    snowdog            09-17-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
Were also premiering the "Delta Sessions" video @ Tower Park. Watched "Delta Sessions" for the first time today, the DVD is awesome with a sound track that is even better.

We have a nice schedule lined up for the weekend:

Friday Night:
DJ night, 6 DJs taking to the stage all evening

Saturday Night:
11am to 3p <> boat caravan to downtown event
7pm <> Product Giveaways (New Byrley, Rockstar, Clothing, HBP Slime, etc)
8pm <> the band Fed-Up is rockin the house, fresh off a performance with Long Beach Dub Allstars
9pm <> "Delta Sessions" Video Premier

Tower Park is Sold Out for the weekend with +/- 5000 people expected to be in attendance. TP has 24 full time Sheriffs on duty this year to ensure that it stays safe and fun for all in attendance. We have been in close contact with TP, and one of the concerns that I relayed to them was the underage mess they had last year, it was conveyed to us that they will be doing their best to focus on that problem.

This will be our last year at Tower Park for this event, so were going out in style. For those not going, enjoy the miles of glassy water!

SD
GW.com

Old    deltahoosier            09-17-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
Hey Rene,

Sorry for the delay, I have not been near a computer until this week. I plan on riding on Sunday and maybe on Saturday too. Let me know. If people want, we can BBQ at my house or something for all you guys that make the trip to the Disco Area.

Old    deltahoosier            09-17-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
Rob,

I will have my daughters with me that weekend. They are 7 and 9. Let me know if you guys want to hook up.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       09-17-2003, 9:45 PM Reply   
Is Santori going to be there?
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2003, 11:13 PM Reply   
Snowdog,

Sounds like you guys are going to have one hell of a party at Tower Park. Be sure to hunt me down at the event site.

Looks like we just locked in that the official "Delta Sessions" premier is going to be at Lost Isle Saturday night with our friends at Red Bull making it happen. We are going big with the video and it will be "larger than life". Tower Park or Lost Isle, be sure to check it out.

Party hard and party safe this weekend!

Shawn
Old    jvern            09-18-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Sounds Good!
We'll be at BOTH Tower Park & Lost Isle! Party on!