Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-01-2010, 10:18 PM Reply   
I've done some surfing behind our boat and can last a long time without the rope but can't come close to getting air. I'm always really close to the platform because the rest of the wake is washed out. Any advice on how to weight the boat. I have the power wedge but standard ballast in the rear and center. I also have some fat sacks from my old boat that i could try. Any tips??
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-02-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
It's also going to depend on the board you're riding
How much weight is the standard ballast in the rear and center? How big are the extra fat sacs you have?
How fast are you driving?
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
with stock ballast you will NOT go far. I have a vlx and run 1000 on top of the rear tank in the corner. and 450 under the seats on the surf side. 11-12mph. good long wave and more than enough room to get air. If you wanna max the weight run two more 750# bags end to end on top of the surf side seats starting from the front and going back.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-02-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
The standard ballast i believe is 500 in the center and 250 in each rear tank(2). My fat sacs are 250 each and i have two. I typically ride at 11 mph. I am thinking I should try with center and tank on surfside full. (I surf goofy) Then put one sac on top of the rear tank on the surfside and put the other either on or under the rear seat on the surf side. Any advice on using the power wedge??
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-02-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Board is a 06 Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9"