Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-26-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
So I got a lesson a couple days ago and one of the biggest thing I was told i need to work on is not riding so tight.

I can tell that I do, I'm just not sure how not too. It's making me struggle on some progression. I want to get more grabs and pokes but I'm so freaking tight I don't ever wanna let go of the handle or shift my position around at all when I'm in the air. So I mostly end up doing just straight big airs both ways.

Any advice? Thanks.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-26-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I have the same problem. My pop suffers because i rid stiff.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-26-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Ride the cable, you can play around so much without catching an edge and really start to loosen up that way.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-26-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
If only there was a cable park in Michigan. :-(
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Stretch out, maybe have a drink or two before you ride?
Old     (pete_moss)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-26-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
I second that. Get plowed and then ride. You'll be so loose you won't even care. Maybe you'll end up with a couple of broken ribs like I did.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
I thought that riding stiff was just an old guy thing

music works for me (as best it can)
.....so does my helmet of courage.....it's that false sense of security.....

oh, and I hate to beat a dead horse, but P90X with the yoga, ab and especially the plyo exercises really has helped me alot

I improve every week now, whereas last year I struggled

(Message edited by ord27 on June 26, 2008)
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
start snowboarding and skateboarding. get comfortable on the board. get good at slayshes, and fs/bs lipslides on the wake. being confident and comfortable on your board will lead to stylish relaxed riding.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-26-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
^^^what he said^^^
SLOW DOWN
The bigger you go the harder it is to grab,spin,or progress from the point that you are at.

Slash,sprays,lip slides.....
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-26-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
don't forget carves, and pressed butterslides boys !

nothing is funner than when the boat does a sharp left for me last sunday i got parallel to the point where the handle dragged in the water
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       06-27-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
wakeskate without fins for one whole day. You will feel sooooo squirrly and stiff on that thing that when you get back on a wakeboard the next day, you'll feel like a champ!