Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
So I am making a list of all the moves in spread sheet format to help myself and others improve and identify weaknesses. However, I am struggling finding all the names of the grabs and was wondering if anyone can fill in the gaps. Looking at the spread sheet per hand and edge there are 4 grabs possible. I list them from front to back with the 4th one being the reach around the legs. So for example the first set of 4 I have found all the names for: rear hand front toe edge is crail, rear hand middle edge is indy, rear hand rear toe edge is tindy, and rear hand reaching between legs to grab toe edge is canadian bacon. But I am missing a few. Any thoughts. . . Upload
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-18-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
one missing is heel edge between legs with rear hand is roast beef.

There is no lien grab in wakeboarding... that is a skate grab that is front hand grab front side air. Named by Neil Blender back in the day... if you did one on a wakeboard it would be a method grab.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
So front hand between legs heel edge is chicken salad and rear hand between legs heel edge is roast beef?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-18-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
no...chicken salad and roast beef are both done w/ the rear hand.

roast beef

Upload

chicken salad

Upload
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
Hmm that is kind of what I thought before going on this mission. One the elbow is point toe edge and one the elbow is pointing heel edge.

(Message edited by sunsport on April 18, 2007)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-18-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
You missed Tailfish, a nice grab when you play out the Tindy.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Wow I have been doing the chicken salad and never knew it. Shifty's grabs are so much fun. Next to a tail grab the salad has mad style all over it.
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-19-2007, 1:42 AM Reply   
http://www.stokecity.ca/wakeboardinggrabs.shtml
try this
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
I was jst about to make a similar post. I dont know names/grabs and would like to see pics and a name, any help would be awesome. Thanks
End hijack
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-19-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
Joe - do you have a better picture of a roast beef, I'm not seeing the difference? I think Lyle is saying it is the way your elbow points. Is this correct?
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-19-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
On a roast beef your arm and hand go straight down so that the palm of your hand is (sort of) facing up(think stalefish, but arm going through your legs). On a chicken salad, you twist your arm and grab with th palm of your hand facing down (think nuclear, but between your legs).
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
TIDY!

Heres a few Roast beefs.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Nuke!

Upload
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Andy, your hair in the second shot is bringing mad style to that grab.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
50% grab, 50% hair! Thats what make the move!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-19-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
So after some more research I found conflicting information but this seems the best so far. There are two grabs which I have not been able to find names for yet. The first is a Seatbelt but using the front hand. So it would be a tail grab with the front hand. And the second is using the front hand to grab Tindy. Anyone know? Do we get to make up names for them?

Upload

(Message edited by sunsport on April 19, 2007)
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-19-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Also it seems several websites state a Roast Beef is with the rear hand and a Chicken Salad is with the front hand.