Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    needca            07-07-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
Does anyone know of a boat launch on Lake Mead that doesn't have rangers at it? I'm dying to get out on the water and I have my boat here but it's from Connecticut and I haven't received my stickers yet even though its paid up....any info is appreciated....thanks...Matt
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-07-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
the further north you go the better....echo bay or overton...also...the water is MUCH better

the rangers dont usually bother you anyways...if they do...tell them the story but also make sure that u have all the essentials within reach...ie..fire extinguisher, throw cushion, life jackets...that type of thing
Old     (tige_n_it)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-07-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
As long as the boat is registered you should be ok. It dosen't have to be registered in Nevada. You will have to by a National Parks sticker though. Bring the bill of sale. I think there is a 30day grace period?
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-07-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
And don't forget your Red/orange rider down flag. I have a $109.00 dollar one (ticket) bought at Mead.
About the only place you will see a ranger out of Echo Bay is while your in the Marina. There is no launch fee so no one checks for registration. You only have to pay an entrance fee to the park, but they don't check registration either.

Leaving tomorrow for 10 days at ECHO Bay..won't be sleeping much tonight!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
T-roy, bring the camera. Let's get some sick pics.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
I told you already T-Dog, I don't do that XXX stuff anymore.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
Old    needca            07-08-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
much thanks, c ya on the water.....
Old    needca            07-14-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Mad props to Lake Mead, even at 117 degrees that lake is unreal, lots of nice water around on a weekday.....no problems with the rangers, I think they stay out of the heat.......thanks again
Old     (wrgodsend)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
Go to Echo Bay, super nice place to ride and the rangers don't hassle you there. It's hot there now, about 110-112 but it's a dry heat so it's not that bad. A great wakeboarding spot is the first little canyon to the right as you get out of the wakeless zone. You'll get the best water there and it's usually not crowded, don't know why but it's not.