Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakerider007)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-14-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
We are a couple of college students looking to improve the watersports experience. Our product will give the rider and driver wireless communication (think coaching, voice signals, or a lovely chat). The rider will also be able to listen to their music at their fingertips while being towed.

Please take our survey to provide your input and find out more!

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_entPuzdqILf0BHn

Thanks!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-14-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
So you come on here to spam?cool. Do you own a boat?
Old     (wakerider007)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-14-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
So you come on here to spam?cool. Do you own a boat?
Not spamming! Just truly interested in making this product. We are avid wakeboarders together, and 1 of us slalom skis and the other wakeskates as well. A lot of time spent on the water and trying to improve boat communication as well as music listening.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
There is already a product that has the rider wearing a helmet with speakers so the driver/coach can speak to them. The rider wasn't able to speak back though....and this was back in 05 when I was at The Boarding School. I'm sure it's evolved now.
Old     (wakerider007)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-14-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
There is already a product that has the rider wearing a helmet with speakers so the driver/coach can speak to them. The rider wasn't able to speak back though....and this was back in 05 when I was at The Boarding School. I'm sure it's evolved now.
Thanks for the feedback! We do know of some products, but would like to evolve it even further into the handle. We think 2 way communication will be a great option, as well as audio. We appreciate any suggestions/ideas/thoughts!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-15-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
Looks like spam. Smells like spam. Must be spam.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       01-15-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
I don't want to encourage this or poo poo the idea but I can't help seeing the challenges to the described product.
Projecting at wake range is hard enough let alone trying to have a functional microphone or talkback speaker and intelligible speech in the face of high dB levels of exhaust noise.
How about hand signals.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-15-2014, 3:43 PM Reply   
I dont want a lovely chat while I am riding.