Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-30-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
I am going to paint the trailer this winter in my garage, but trying to figure out the best way to do it…. I don’t want to leave the boat on the trailer while painting it.. so any ideas or if someone else has done the same thing, what did you do with the boat while painting the trailer?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-30-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
I think your only solution here is to let your friends use it all weekend while you paint the trailer. JK man I have no idea what you could do with it other than leave it in the water. Maybe see if your local dealer has an extra trailer laying around you could put it on for the weekend.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-30-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
I just launch them in the lake and throw out an anchor for a day or two, cover em up and its all good. Also have put boats on tires, jackstands, two post lifts, hoists etc. If you have a body of water close with a marina you could rent a dock space for a day or 2.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-30-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ good idea. thanks
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-30-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
ha... 10.00 a day to park it at the moorage lot at the launch....
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
I plucked mine off the trailer with the 2 post lift at work. As far as the timeframe, you might want to consider how far you are going to go with it. I do metal and paint for a living and it took me an entire week to completely restore my tandem trailer, everything redone, refinished and upgraded from the ground up. If you're doing a "quickie" yeah maybe a day or two...