Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-05-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
My buddy is looking at picking up an 88 Martinique. The hull looks super deep so Im guessing you could slam it with a lot of weight. Has anyone rode behind one of these? He would hope to be somewhere around 80ft and thinking about 1500lbs. Any thoughts?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-05-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
I believe the Martinique has the same hull as the Barefoot Nautique. (The old BF, direct drive)

I would be more concerned about rot on the old CCs (floor, stringers) than the wake, although weighted properly it is going to give you a decent wake.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
My buddy has one that works pretty well, I've never ridden behind it, but he takes his tantrums pretty big, he does a few inverts off it. A lot of the weight would depend on the engine. He puts one bag in the center I think its 400lbs.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-05-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
Yes, we all know about wood stringers in old boats, its not that bad, they all are not rotted out. If he wanted a boat that didnt have them he would end up spending alot more. He would have to buy at least a 93 cc 95 bu 88 mc etc. We were just curious about the wake. Can it handle alot of weight? How is the surfing? What prop should he use?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-07-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
there was a guy on here that had one. typical nautique wake like hitting a curb, but it works